Our Graduate Success Stories
I really like my teachers a lot. They really care and they don't want you to fail. They are there if you need them. If you do fail something, you only have yourself to blame, because the teachers try to help you in every way possible.
Mission, Goals, and Philosophy
The mission of Herzing University is to provide high quality graduate and undergraduate degree and diploma programs that are designed to prepare a diverse student population to meet the needs of employers in technology, business, healthcare, graphic design, and public safety. The career-oriented degree programs contain a complementary and integrated general education curriculum established to stimulate students’ intellectual growth, to contribute to their personal development, and to enhance their potential for career advancement.
Herzing University fulfills its mission by actively pursuing the following institutional goals:
- To provide and promote a stable, self-perpetuating climate in which ethical behavior and community service are valued and where students and employees are challenged to excel and to develop their talent.
- To recruit and provide admissions assistance for all qualified students, resulting in access to Herzing University's career-oriented higher education programs.
- To develop and provide career-oriented higher education programs consisting of technical curricula that focus on skills sought by employers.
- To develop and provide general education curricula designed to enhance students' analytical, oral, and written communication skills, as well as stimulate their intellectual growth and personal development.
- To develop and provide services to students that will enrich their educational experience and enhance their opportunity to achieve their career goals.
- To periodically evaluate, revise, and improve the University's key programs and processes to ensure continual progress toward attainment of the institutional goals.
The Herzing University educational philosophy is based upon the premise that higher education can enhance an individual's capacity to attain personal and career goals. The Herzing programs balance the teaching of skills that are required of graduates in order to succeed in technical and business careers with the general education fundamentals that will prepare them to think analytically, communicate effectively, and advance professionally and personally.
This philosophy flows from the University's Institutional Mission Statement. In order to implement its educational philosophy, the University has identified the following Educational Objectives:
- To stimulate students' intellectual inquiry.
- To impart "state-of-the-industry" technical competence that can be applied by students in the workplace.
- To develop students' written and oral communication skills.
- To develop students' participation and leadership capabilities.
- To develop attitudes and general knowledge within students that will assist them to grow and become successful.