Our Graduate Success Stories
I really like my teachers a lot. They really care and they don't want you to fail. They are there if you need them. If you do fail something, you only have yourself to blame, because the teachers try to help you in every way possible.
Akron - Networking Management Programs
ACCREDITATION AND CERTIFICATION/LICENSURE
- Regional Accreditation: Herzing University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association (HLC-NCA, 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, Illinois 60604-1413, 800-621-7440, www.ncahlc.org). This means all students attending Herzing University are attending an accredited institution.
- State Approval: All programs at the Akron Campus of Herzing University are approved by the Ohio State Board of Career Colleges and Schools (30 East Broad Street, Suite 2481, Columbus, Ohio 43215-3414, 614-466-2752 or 877-275-4219, scr.ohio.gov). The campus’ Ohio Registration Number is 04-01-1704T. All bachelor degree programs at the campus are approved by Ohio Board of Regents (25 South Front Street, Columbus, OH 43215-3414, 614-466-6000, www.ohiohighered.org/contact-us).
- Associate of Applied Science in Nursing: The Associate of Applied Science in Nursing program at the Akron Campus is approved by the State of Ohio Board of Nursing (17 South High Street, Suite 400, Columbus, Ohio 43215-7410, 614-466-3947, www.nursing.ohio.gov). Consequently, graduates are eligible to sit for the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCLEX-RN) licensing exam upon successful completion of the program. Passing this exam allows graduates to apply to the State Board of Nursing for licensure as a Registered Nurse. The Associate of Applied Science in Nursing program at the Akron Campus is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN, 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850 Atlanta, Georgia 30326, 404-975-5000, www.acenursing.org ), formerly known as the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC).
- Medical Assisting Services: The Diploma in Medical Assisting Services program at the Akron Campus is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP, 1361 Park Street Clearwater, Florida 33756, 727-210-2350, www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Medical Assisting Education Review Board (MAERB). Consequently, students completing the program are eligible to take the Certified Medical Assistant exam offered by the American Association of Medical Assistants (www.aama-ntl.org).
- Dental Assisting: The Associate of Applied Science in Dental Assisting program and the Diploma in Dental Assisting programs at the Akron Campus are accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA, 211 East Chicago Avenue Chicago, Illinois 60611-2678, 312-440-4653 www.ada.org/100.aspx). Consequently, graduate are eligible to take the examinations leading to Certified Dental Assistant (CDA®) certification through the Dental Assisting National Board (DANB).
- Medical Laboratory Technician: The Associate of Applied Science in Medical Laboratory Technician program at Herzing University-Akron is accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS, 5600 N. River Rd., Suite 720, Rosemont, Illinois 60018, 773-714-8880 www.naacls.org). Consequently, graduates are eligible to take the examination for the Medical Laboratory Technician certification offered by the American Society for Clinical Pathology.
- Legal Studies Program: Graduates of the Associate of Applied Science in Legal Studies and the Bachelor of Science in Legal Studies programs available online at the Akron Campus are eligible to take the Certified Paralegal examination through the Association of Legal Assistants (www.nala.org). These online programs are not programmatically approved by the American Bar Association (ABA, 321 North Clark Street Chicago, Illinois 60654-7598, 800-285-2221, www.americanbar.org). There are no plans to seek this approval for these online programs. Some employers may prefer graduates from an ABA approved program. Students are advised to consult with employers of preference as to the importance of this approval on their hiring decisions.
- Health Information Management: The Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management and the Associate of Applied Science in Health Information Management programs offered online by Herzing University are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM, 233 North Michigan Avenue, 31st Floor, Chicago, Illinois 60601-5800 312-233-1100 www.cahiim.org). Students enrolling through this campus must take their core HIM courses online. Graduates of the Associate of Science in Health Information Management are eligible to take the Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) certification exam and graduates from the Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management are eligible to take the Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) certification exam both offered through the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
- Accounting: The Bachelor of Science in Accounting program at Herzing University, even when combined with the Herzing University MBA, may not fulfill all of the requirements for a graduate to take the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam or apply for licensure as a CPA in some states/jurisdictions. In addition to requiring a specific amount of study beyond a bachelor’s degree (typically, a total of 150 semester credit hours but this varies by jurisdiction), most states/jurisdictions require specific coursework as well as several years of professional experience working in accounting to be eligible to apply for licensure. Some states (including, but not necessarily limited to, Texas) require the accounting program to have a specific programmatic accreditation for graduates to apply for licensure as a CPA, which Herzing University programs do not have, and no representation has been made as to when or if such an accreditation will be obtained. Applicants interested in becoming a CPA should check with their state Board of Accountancy regarding CPA eligibility requirements prior to enrolling in any accounting program. Students planning to pursue certifications other than the CPA exam should also contact the respective certifying organization to confirm requirements for certification prior to enrolling in any accounting program.
- Other Programs: .No other programs at this campus have specialized programmatic accreditation. Students are advised to consult with employers of preference as to the importance of specialized programmatic accreditation on their hiring decisions.
Network Management Program Comparison Chart
|Associate and Associate of Applied Science in Information Technology||62||20|
|Bachelor of Science in Information Technology With No Minor or Concentration||122||36|
|Bachelor of Science in Information Technology With a Concentration in Network Management||124||36|
|Bachelor of Science in Information Technology With a Concentration in Security Technology||122||36|
|Bachelor of Science Degree in Technology Management With a Minor in Information Technology||122||36|
Associate of Science in Information Technology
This program provides both the technical know-how and hands-on experience needed to launch a career in this growing field. Students get the core fundamentals of network architecture and security protocols as well as problem-solving practice working on operating systems, routers and switches. Graduates are prepared for jobs in network installation and security as well as network and help desk support. Download Program Course Sheet
All Information Technology bachelor’s degree concentrations below include certification prep for: CCNA, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Linux +, CompTIA Network +, Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP).
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology with no Minor or Concentration
In addition to the solid computer science curriculum, students take in-depth courses in the various aspects of computer networking, firewalls, routers and switches as well as systems administration scripting and security protocols. Graduates are prepared for careers in virtually any public service, private industry or government organization. Download Program Course Sheet
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology with a Concentration in Network Management
The Bachelor of Science in Information Technology With a Concentration in Network Management curriculum is focused on designing, implementing, and supporting solutions to business problems in the general categories of information technology, information management, and business communications. Download Program Course Sheet
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology with a Concentration in Security Technology
The Bachelor of Science in Information Technology With a Concentration in Security Technology curriculum is focused on designing, implementing, and supporting solutions to business problems in the general categories of information technology, information management, and business communications with emphasis on security technology. The program helps students to develop skills needed to design an organization's security systems procedures, standards, protocols, and policies, as well as ensure that operational security is in compliance with standards. Download Program Course Sheet
Bachelor of Science in Technology Management –
In addition to the concentration courses in networking and security, students take classes in business and leadership to gain the knowledge required for effective management of resources, including a team of technology professionals. Download Program Course Sheet
Get more information
Learn more about this growing career field by speaking with one of our Admissions Advisors. We are happy to provide you with further information about career opportunities and the Herzing University Computer Networking and Security Specialist programs so you can determine which one is right for you.