Find lifelong opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Healthcare is the only major industry that keeps on adding jobs at virtually every level.
In addition, President Obama’s initiative to curb costs by computerizing records will further increase the demand for those who can apply business management and technical knowledge to a healthcare setting. New jobs will be opening in hospitals, physicians’ offices, clinics, insurance companies and nursing homes. Opportunities will be best for those with a working knowledge of medical codes and terminology as well business software programs and procedures.
If you like helping people, this is the field for you.
Successful healthcare managers take great pride in their work. They feel that their efforts really do make a difference in the lives of others. Although this can be a very demanding career, it is also a very rewarding one.
A career as a healthcare manager could be right for you, if you:
- Want to help people feel better
- Have good business sense
- Are interested in the healthcare industry
- Value accuracy and trust facts
- Like making important decisions
- Are compassionate and supportive
- Work equally well alone or as part of a group
- Like clear guidelines
- Are comfortable leading other people
- Appreciate a common sense approach to problems
- Have good people and communication skills