Our Graduate Success Stories
After weeks of searching I had several job offers and now I work for RMS Associates as a Network Technician. I was looking for a challenge and I got that at Herzing University.
Atlanta - Software Development Degrees
ACCREDITATION AND CERTIFICATION/LICENSURE
- Regional Accreditation: Herzing University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association (HLC-NCA, 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, Illinois 60604-1413, 800-621-7440, www.ncahlc.org). This means all students attending Herzing University are attending an accredited institution.
- State Approval: All programs at the Atlanta Campus of Herzing University are approved by the Georgia Nonpublic Postsecondary Education Commission (2082 East Exchange Place, Suite 220, Tucker, Georgia 30084-5305, 770-414-3300, www.gnpec.org).
- Nursing: The Bachelor of Science in Nursing program at the Atlanta Campus is approved by the Georgia State Board of Nursing (237 Coliseum Drive, Macon, Georgia 31217-3858, 478-207-2440, www.sos.georgia.gov/plb/rn/). Consequently, graduates are eligible to sit for the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCLEX-RN) licensing exam upon successful completion of the program. Passing this exam allows graduates to apply to the State Board of Nursing for licensure as a Registered Nurse. Further, the program is a new applicant program pursuing initial accreditation by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530 Washington, DC 20036-1120, 202-887-6791, www.aacn.nche.edu/ccne-accreditation). New applicant status is neither a status of accreditation nor a guarantee that accreditation will be granted. New and current students should not plan on the program having said accreditation at the time they graduate. Some employers may prefer applicants from programs that have CCNE accreditation. Students are advised to consult with employers of preference as to the importance of this accreditation on their hiring decisions.
- Legal Assisting/Paralegal: Graduates of the Associate of Science in Legal Assisting/Paralegal and the Bachelor of Science in Legal Studies programs at the Atlanta Campus are eligible to take the Certified Paralegal examination through the National Association of Legal Assistants (www.nala.org). The Associate of Science in Legal Assisting/Paralegal and the Bachelor of Science in Legal Studies programs at the Atlanta Campus are approved by the American Bar Association (ABA, 321 North Clark Street Chicago, Illinois 60654-7598, 800-285-2221, www.americanbar.org).
- Health Information Management: The Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management and the Associate of Science in Health Information Management programs offered online by Herzing University are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM, 233 North Michigan Avenue, 31st Floor, Chicago, Illinois 60601-5800 312-233-1100 www.cahiim.org). Students enrolling through this campus must take their core HIM courses online. Graduates of the Associate of Science in Health Information Management are eligible to take the Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) certification exam and graduates from the Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management are eligible to take the Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) certification exam both offered through the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
- Accounting: The Bachelor of Science in Accounting program at Herzing University, even when combined with the Herzing University MBA, may not fulfill all of the requirements for a graduate to take the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam or apply for licensure as a CPA in some states/jurisdictions. In addition to requiring a specific amount of study beyond a bachelor’s degree (typically, a total of 150 semester credit hours but this varies by jurisdiction), most states/jurisdictions require specific coursework as well as several years of professional experience working in accounting to be eligible to apply for licensure. Some states (including, but not necessarily limited to, Texas) require the accounting program to have a specific programmatic accreditation for graduates to apply for licensure as a CPA, which Herzing University programs do not have, and no representation has been made as to when or if such an accreditation will be obtained. Applicants interested in becoming a CPA should check with their state Board of Accountancy regarding CPA eligibility requirements prior to enrolling in any accounting program. Students planning to pursue certifications other than the CPA exam should also contact the respective certifying organization to confirm requirements for certification prior to enrolling in any accounting program.
- Other Programs: No other programs at this campus have specialized programmatic accreditation. Students are advised to consult with employers of preference as to the importance of specialized programmatic accreditation on their hiring decisions.
The Herzing University Bachelor of Science in Software Development degree program is designed to prepare students for immediate entry into the field of software engineering in a variety of entry-level positions. Graduates of this program will also gain the subject knowledge required to pursue post-graduate study in software engineering and related subjects.
The Associate of Science in Software Development can be used as a precursor to the Bachelor's for students who would like to learn more about the field of software engineering before choosing it as their career path.
Software Development Info Chart
Program availability varies by location.
|Associate and Associate of Applied Science in Software Development||61||20|
|Bachelor of Science in Software Development With no Minor or Concentration||121||36|
|Bachelor of Science in Software Development With a Concentration in Computer Programming||121||36|
|Bachelor of Science in Software Development With a Concentration in Mobile Application Development||122||36|
|Bachelor of Science in Technology Management With a Minor in Software Development||124||36|
Associate of Science in Software Development
The Associate of Science in Software Development online program incorporates the fundamentals of programming, networking, troubleshooting, internet application and databases with the general education courses required for an Associate level degree. Graduates of this degree may roll their credits into either the Software Development or Technology Management bachelor programs. Download Program Course Sheet
Bachelor of Science in Software Development with No Declared Minor or Concentration
The Bachelor of Science in Software Development online degree program is designed for those students wishing to pursue the programming or coding side of computers. Students in this program will be taught how to understand, analyze, test and design the software and systems responsible for the base functionalities of computers. Software engineers design innovative software for businesses and clients, and typically specialize in computer applications software or computer systems software. Download Program Course Sheet
Bachelor of Science in Software Development with a Concentration in Computer Programming
The Bachelor of Science in Software Development With a Concentration in Computer Programming employs an integrated and coherent approach that prepares students with the necessary academic knowledge and technical competencies required for a range of positions. The curriculum is focused on designing, implementing, or supporting computer application solutions to problems in industries such as business, homeland security, and health information management. Download Program Course Sheet
Bachelor of Science in Software Development with a Concentration in Mobile Application Development
Available only at the Madison campus.
Herzing University’s Bachelor of Science in Software Development with a concentration in Mobile Application Development prepares students for a range of positions in nearly every field imaginable, including technology, business, healthcare, design, and public safety, among others.
The coursework is designed to spark imaginations and help students develop the skills and aptitude needed in the design and implementation of mobile apps. Application development will target Android phones and tablets, iPhones and iPads, and Windows phones and tablets.
Potential job position titles include computer software developer or engineer, mobile systems analyst, mobile application developer, mobile developer, web application developer, mobile platform developer, mobile systems analyst, and more. Download Program Course Sheet
Bachelor of Science in Technology Management with a minor in Software Development
In addition to building a strong foundation in computer science, students also gain networking as well as business and management skills. Graduates have the business credentials and technical capabilities needed to manage systems and direct network technology in today’s corporate setting. Download Program Course Sheet
The information below reflects aggregated data from all of the Herzing University campuses that have students enrolled in the specified program in the specified time period. The information does not reflect data regarding individual campuses unless only one campus had students to report. The reporting period used to obtain this data was 7/1/2012-6/30/2013. If there were less than 10 graduates in a program, median loan debt and on-time completion data were not disclosed for that program to protect the privacy of those students. Tuition and length may vary by campus location. Ranges could not be input for tuition and length, therefore tuition and length reported are the highest tuition rates and longest program length to encompass all campuses. For information regarding specific campus tuition please refer to http://www.herzing.edu/tuition-financial-aid . For a more detailed description of how the data was calculated please refer to the Disclosure Methodology located here http://www.herzing.edu/files/2014Disclosures-Methodology.pdf .
ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE & ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE IN SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT
In addition to earning a degree, you will have the opportunity to prepare for these important industry credentials during your program!
- JAVA Programming
- Sun Certified JAVA Associate (SCJA)
- Oracle Database Fundamentals
- CIW Web Foundations Associate
Virtualization is also studied. Through choice of electives, you may also have the foundation for taking other certifications, including CompTIA and Microsoft.