PTA Admissions Requirements
The first step in the selection process is for the student to meet the minimum requirements for admission which are listed below. Next, the applicant must submit the application to apply by the deadline. All applicants who do not meet the deadline must reapply for the next new PTA student start date.
- The application deadline for the January program is February 28 of the prior year.
- The application deadline for the July program is August 31 of the prior year.
This will give accepted students time to complete any needed prerequisites prior to beginning the core courses of the program.
The students are ranked according to their score on the Wonderlic entrance assessment. The top 24 candidates are selected based on their Wonderlic score with 6 alternates. If a student is not selected for admission, they are notified by letter. These students are then welcome to reapply and go back into the pool of candidates for the next start date.
Students must meet the following minimum requirements for admissions, prior to being ranked for admissions:
- High School Diploma or GED/HSED
- Wonderlic score of 18
- Immunizations – Tetanus, Polio, Hep B, PPD, Varicella, MMR, Physical
- Background checks – FBI and FDLE (fingerprinting)
- Admissions forms (for academic file)
- Educational funding/financial aid forms (for funding file)
- College transcripts (if applicable)