Our Graduate Success Stories
After I met with the admissions staff and saw first-hand how they operated I was hooked! The more of the faculty I meet and the more classes I take the more I love it here.
Kenosha - Security Technology Programs
ACCREDITATION AND CERTIFICATION/LICENSURE
- Regional Accreditation: Herzing University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association (HLC-NCA, 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, Illinois 60604-1413, 800-621-7440, www.ncahlc.org). This means all students attending Herzing University are attending an accredited institution.
- State Approval: All programs at the Kenosha Campus of Herzing University are approved by State of Wisconsin Educational Approval Board (P.O. Box 8696, Madison, Wisconsin 53708-8696, 608 266-1996, www.eab.state.wi.us).
- Nursing: The Bachelor of Science in Nursing at the Brookfield/Kenosha Campuses is approved by the Wisconsin Board of Nursing (1400 East Washington Avenue, Madison, Wisconsin 53703, (608)266-2112, dsps.wi.gov/). Consequently, graduates are eligible to sit for the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCLEX-RN) licensing exam upon successful completion of the program. Passing this exam allows graduates to apply to the State Board of Nursing for licensure as a Registered Nurse. The Bachelor of Science in Nursing program at the Brookfield/Kenosha Campuses is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530 Washington, DC 20036-1120, 202-887-6791, www.aacn.nche.edu/ccne-accreditation).
- Medical Assisting Services: The Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Services program at the Kenosha campus is accredited by Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES, 7777 Leesburg Pike, Suite 314 North Falls Church, Virginia 22043, 703-917-9503, www.abhes.org). Consequently, graduates are eligible to take the Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) certification exam offered by the American Association of Medical Assistants
- Health Information Management: The Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management and the Associate of Science in Health Information Management programs offered online by Herzing University are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM, 233 North Michigan Avenue, 31st Floor, Chicago, Illinois 60601-5800 312-233-1100 www.cahiim.org). Students enrolling through this campus must take their core HIM courses online. Graduates of the Associate of Science in Health Information Management are eligible to take the Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) certification exam and graduates from the Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management are eligible to take the Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) certification exam both offered through the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
- Legal Studies: Graduates of the Associate of Science in Legal Studies and the Bachelor of Science in Legal Studies programs available online at the Kenosha Campus are eligible to take the Certified Paralegal examination through the Association of Legal Assistants (www.nala.org). These online programs are not programmatically approved by the American Bar Association (ABA, 321 North Clark Street Chicago, Illinois 60654-7598, 800-285-2221, www.americanbar.org). There are no plans to seek this approval for these online programs. Some employers may prefer graduates from an ABA approved program. Students are advised to consult with employers of preference as to the importance of this approval on their hiring decisions.
- Accounting: The Bachelor of Science in Accounting program at Herzing University, even when combined with the Herzing University MBA, may not fulfill all of the requirements for a graduate to take the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam or apply for licensure as a CPA in some states/jurisdictions. In addition to requiring a specific amount of study beyond a bachelor’s degree (typically, a total of 150 semester credit hours but this varies by jurisdiction), most states/jurisdictions require specific coursework as well as several years of professional experience working in accounting to be eligible to apply for licensure. Some states (including, but not necessarily limited to, Texas) require the accounting program to have a specific programmatic accreditation for graduates to apply for licensure as a CPA, which Herzing University programs do not have, and no representation has been made as to when or if such an accreditation will be obtained. Applicants interested in becoming a CPA should check with their state Board of Accountancy regarding CPA eligibility requirements prior to enrolling in any accounting program. Students planning to pursue certifications other than the CPA exam should also contact the respective certifying organization to confirm requirements for certification prior to enrolling in any accounting program.
- Other Programs: . No other programs at this campus have specialized programmatic accreditation. Students are advised to consult with employers of preference as to the importance of specialized programmatic accreditation on their hiring decisions.
Security Technology Program Comparison Chart
|Associate and Associate of Applied Science in Information Technology||62||20|
|Bachelor of Science in Information Technology With No Minor or Concentration||122||36|
|Bachelor of Science in Information Technology With a Concentration in Network Management||124||36|
|Bachelor of Science in Information Technology With a Concentration in Security Technology||122||36|
|Bachelor of Science Degree in Technology Management With a Minor in Information Technology||122||36|
Associate and Associate of Science in Information Technology
This program provides both the technical know-how and hands-on experience needed to launch a career in this growing field. Students get the core fundamentals of network architecture and security protocols as well as problem-solving practice working on operating systems, routers and switches. Graduates are prepared for jobs in network installation and security as well as network and help desk support. Download Program Course Sheet
All Information Technology bachelor’s degree concentrations below include certification prep for: CCNA, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Linux +, CompTIA Network +, Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP).
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology with no Minor or Concentration
In addition to the solid computer science curriculum, students take in-depth courses in the various aspects of computer networking, firewalls, routers and switches as well as systems administration scripting and security protocols. Graduates are prepared for careers in virtually any public service, private industry or government organization. Download Program Course Sheet
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology – Network Management
This program teaches networking standards and security issues necessary to design, implement, and evaluate information technology systems. Virtualization is included in this concentration.Download Program Course Sheet
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology – Security Technology
Students will develop skills needed to design an organization’s security systems procedures, standards, protocols, and policies, as well as ensure that operational security is in compliance with standards. Virtualization is also studied. Download Program Course Sheet
Bachelor of Science in Technology Management – Information Technology
In addition to the concentration courses in networking and security, students take classes in business and leadership to gain the knowledge required for effective management of resources, including a team of technology professionals. Download Program Course Sheet
Get more information
Learn more about this growing career field by speaking with one of our Admissions Advisors. We are happy to provide you with further information about career opportunities and the Herzing University Computer Networking and Security Specialist programs so you can determine which one is right for you.
The information below reflects aggregated data from all of the Herzing University campuses that have students enrolled in the specified program in the specified time period. The information does not reflect data regarding individual campuses unless only one campus had students to report. The reporting period used to obtain this data was 7/1/2012-6/30/2013. If there were less than 10 graduates in a program, median loan debt and on-time completion data were not disclosed for that program to protect the privacy of those students. Tuition and length may vary by campus location. Ranges could not be input for tuition and length, therefore tuition and length reported are the highest tuition rates and longest program length to encompass all campuses. For information regarding specific campus tuition please refer to http://www.herzing.edu/tuition-financial-aid . For a more detailed description of how the data was calculated please refer to the Disclosure Methodology located here http://www.herzing.edu/files/2014Disclosures-Methodology.pdf .
ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE & ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE IN COMPUTER NETWORKING AND SECURITY TECHNOLOGY (No longer enrolling students)
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY