Toll Free: 1-800-596-0724

Madison Campus

Thursday, Apr 4, 2013

IT Graduate, Josh Colvin

Choosing to attend Herzing University is one of the best decisions I have made in my life. I was working a dead-end job, worrying about getting shot and killed every day as I delivered large sums of money to area financial institutions. I finally decided that I wanted something better for myself; I deserved something better from my life. With the blessing and support of my girlfriend, I chose to take the tour of Herzing University. After a preliminary screening, I decided to enroll in a Bachelor’s degree program. I had my meeting with Jodi Mergener on July 5th and began classes on the 11th.

I chose to attend Herzing University because of the success stories I had heard from other former students. I was also truly impressed with the curriculum, and I found a topic of study that suited my personal interests. At the time, there was no other location area that offered any programs similar to the ones I was able to study at Herzing.

My Herzing experience was the best I could have asked for. In addition to being a student, I was able to work as a student assistant in the IT department at the Madison campus. Through this position I was able to gain excellent experience in the IT industry I wanted to specialize in. I was also able to establish lasting relationships with my coworkers, professors, and Herzing staff.

My education has helped me in numerous ways, both in my professional career and in my personal life. I have developed a confidence in myself and my abilities that I did not possess before I began school. I have also developed my skills to a degree that I have become a valuable asset to my department and organization. I have begun to earn professional certifications, which is the next logical step in developing more skills to add to my portfolio.

I would recommend the Herzing experience to anyone I meet who is looking for an education in the IT industry. The skills I have developed, and the hands-on training I received, are invaluable assets to anyone interested in this career path. The instructors are well-versed in the foundational areas of the IT industry, and I was able to research and specialize in the skills I wanted to attain; not just the classes required in the course register. I also found the flexibility of a hybrid learning experience to work well with my work schedule. All of these factors contributed to my success at Herzing, and will continue to do so as I move forward in my career.

• The Urban League of Greater Madison and Herzing University - Madison Announce Educational Partnership MORE
  • Herzing University – Madison Donates to River Food Pantry MORE
  • Herzing University - Madison Alumni Honored with 40 Under 40 Award MORE
  • Wind Energy Technology Could be the Career for You MORE
  • Herzing University – Madison Announces New Campus President MORE