Toll Free: 1-800-596-0724

Tuesday, Feb 18, 2014

Alumni Testimonial: Angela Bowland

I am of no consequence at first glance. I am petite (some say pretty) woman with auburn hair, freckles, pale skin, and a mildly crooked smile. My intellect is not off the charts, but my work ethic is good. If you saw me around town, you would not realize this:

I was raised in a home where no one graduated high school. I did, but that is where my education stopped. Sixteen years ago I found myself a single mother with two children at the age of 20. Are you doing the math? Struggled to get by financially and emotionally. By the time I began my voyage at Herzing, I was a stay at home wife and mother, home-schooling six children.  I volunteered at church every week on Sunday and Tuesdays. I had become a much happier but very busy lady! So how in the world did I make it through my Associate of Science in Interactive and Graphic Arts and on to a Bachelor’s of Science in Graphic Design? I prayed a ton, and Herzing’s staff was there for me every step of the way. I graduated Summa Cum Laude and proudly enjoyed my ten seconds of fame as I strutted across the stage.

I now have a full-time job and still get to be a wife, a mother, and an active member of our church. All this to say:

Don’t let any disadvantage, life circumstance, or perception about you get in your way. Go for it. Get your degree and achieve those goals. I can tell you that it’s something you will never regret. And I can also tell you Herzing University is there to back you all the way. Hey, if I can do it, anyone can!

• Nursing Scholarships Available! MORE
  • Congratulations to our August graduates! MORE
  • Madison Campus Announces Nursing Scholarship Winners MORE
  • Unique, Newly-Renovated I.T. Degree Program at Herzing University Delivers Graduates Who Are a Custom Fit for Local Employers MORE
  • New VET2LPN and VET2RN Program at the Madison Campus! MORE