Online - Health Information Management Certification
Employers prefer to hire candidates who have completed a formal training program at an accredited college or university. They also like job candidates and employees who have earned credentials from professional associations to show they are a specialist in their field.
How to earn your certification
The Herzing University Healthcare Management programs help prepare graduates with the knowledge and educational coursework required to take the following exams:
Professional Association of Health Care Office Management (PAHCOM)
- CMM Certified Medical Manager
Candidates for this exam must have a minimum of 12 college credits relating to healthcare or business management and three years of experience in the healthcare field in order to sit for the exam.
American Association of Healthcare Administrative Management (AAHAM)
- CPAM Certified Patient Account Manager (hospital-based)
- CCAM Certified Clinic Account Manager (physician-based)
Candidates must have a minimum of either four years of healthcare experience, or two years of healthcare experience and a two-year college or university associates degree. Please note: the Associate of Science in Medical Office Administration degree is required to fulfill the minimum education requirement for the CPAM or CCAM exams.
- CPAT Certified Patient Account Technician (hospital-based)
- CCAT Certified Patient Account Technician (physician-based)
- CCT Certified Compliance Technician