Our Graduate Success Stories
If you saw me around town, you would not realize this
Don’t let any disadvantage, life circumstance, or perception about you get in your way. Go for it. Get your degree and achieve those goals. I can tell you that it’s something you will never regret. And I can also tell you Herzing University is there to back you all the way. Hey, if I can do it, anyone can!
ACCREDITATION AND CERTIFICATION/LICENSURE
- Regional Accreditation: Herzing University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association (HLC-NCA, 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, Illinois 60604-1413, 800-621-7440, www.ncahlc.org). This means all students attending Herzing University are attending an accredited institution.
- Wisconsin State Approval: All programs offered through Herzing University Online are approved by State of Wisconsin Educational Approval Board (P.O. Box 8696, Madison, Wisconsin 53708-8696, 608 266-1996, www.eab.state.wi.us).
- Other State Approvals for Distance Learning: Herzing University has made a good-faith effort to follow each individual state's regulations concerning offering distance educational programs in that respective state. Students should investigate and ensure that the program they desire, if offered in a distance/online format, meets the requirements of the profession in their state. Herzing University is not enrolling new students in the following states: Arkansas, District of Columbia and Wyoming. Not all programs are available in all states. Contact the Online Admissions Office for program availability at email@example.com or 866-508-0748.
- Nursing programs: The Bachelor of Science in Nursing—Bridge and the Master of Science in Nursing programs offered by Herzing University Online are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530 Washington, DC 20036-1120, 202-887-6791, www.aacn.nche.edu/ccne-accreditation.) Individuals considering the Master of Science in Nursing program—particularly the Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) concentration—should be aware that state requirements for availability of required clinical courses and eligibility to apply for licensure as a family nurse practitioner vary from state to state. Applicants should check with their applicable state board of nursing before enrolling in any graduate nursing program. For additional information, e-mail your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Medical Assisting Services: The Diploma in Medical Assisting Services and the Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Services programs offered through Herzing University Online are accredited by Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES, 7777 Leesburg Pike, Suite 314 North Falls Church, Virginia 22043, 703-917-9503, www.abhes.org). Consequently, graduates are eligible to take the Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) certification exam offered by the American Association of Medical Assistants.
- Health Information Management: The Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management and the Associate of Science in Health Information Management programs offered through Herzing University Online are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM, 233 North Michigan Avenue, 31st Floor, Chicago, Illinois 60601-5800 312-233-1100 www.cahiim.org). Graduates of the Associate of Science in Health Information Management from Herzing University Online are eligible to take the Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) certification exam and graduates from the Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management are eligible to take the Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) certification exam both offered through the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
- Legal Studies: Graduates of the Associate of Science in Legal Studies and the Bachelor of Science in Legal Studies programs available online from Herzing University Online are eligible to take the Certified Paralegal examination through the Association of Legal Assistants (www.nala.org). These online programs are not programmatically approved by the American Bar Association (ABA, 321 North Clark Street Chicago, Illinois 60654-7598, 800-285-2221, www.americanbar.org). There are no plans to seek this approval for these online programs. Some employers may prefer graduates from an ABA approved program. Students are advised to consult with employers of preference as to the importance of this approval on their hiring decisions.
- Accounting: The Bachelor of Science in Accounting program at Herzing University, even when combined with the Herzing University MBA, may not fulfill all of the requirements for a graduate to take the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam or apply for licensure as a CPA in some states/jurisdictions. In addition to requiring a specific amount of study beyond a bachelor’s degree (typically, a total of 150 semester credit hours but this varies by jurisdiction), most states/jurisdictions require specific coursework as well as several years of professional experience working in accounting to be eligible to apply for licensure. Some states (including, but not necessarily limited to, Texas) require the accounting program to have a specific programmatic accreditation for graduates to apply for licensure as a CPA, which Herzing University programs do not have, and no representation has been made as to when or if such an accreditation will be obtained. Applicants interested in becoming a CPA should check with their state Board of Accountancy regarding CPA eligibility requirements prior to enrolling in any accounting program. Students planning to pursue certifications other than the CPA exam should also contact the respective certifying organization to confirm requirements for certification prior to enrolling in any accounting program.
- Other Programs: No other programs at this campus have specialized programmatic accreditation. Students are advised to consult with employers of preference as to the importance of specialized programmatic accreditation on their hiring decisions.
Herzing University offers a coordinated approach to Medical Office Administration that features three levels of education. Each program lays the foundation for the next. Diploma graduates can seamlessly enter the associate degree program. Associate degree graduates can easily move on into the bachelor’s degree program. This allows our students to work in career-level jobs throughout most of their post-secondary studies.
Medical Office Administration Program Comparison Chart
|Diploma in Medical Office Administration||31||12|
|Associate and Associate of Applied Science in Medical Office Administration||60||20|
|Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management||121||36|
|Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Dental Hygiene Emphasis||126||12|
Diploma in Medical Office Administration
Students in this program gain the basics needed for career employment. They achieve the required computer skill level as well as learn medical terminology and medical billing procedures. Graduates are fully prepared to work as an entry-level healthcare administrator in a private practice or public facility setting. Download Program Course Sheet
Associate and Associate of Applied Science in Medical Office Administration
The program expands what is learned in the diploma level with the general education courses required for an associate degree. It offers more career flexibility and provides the foundation needed for those who wish to pursue a bachelor’s degree at any point in their careers.
Download Program Course Sheet – Minnesota
Download Program Course Sheet – Ohio and all other states
Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management
This program gives graduates the business and management skills that are required for a leadership position in the healthcare field. Students enrolling in this program must have a completed associate-level degree in a healthcare field.
Download Program Course Sheet
Download Program Course Sheet - Dental Hygiene Emphasis