ACCREDITATION AND CERTIFICATION/LICENSURE
- Regional Accreditation: Herzing University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association (HLC-NCA, 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, Illinois 60604-1413, 800-621-7440, www.ncahlc.org). This means all students attending Herzing University are attending an accredited institution.
- Wisconsin State Approval: All programs offered through Herzing University Online are approved by State of Wisconsin Educational Approval Board (P.O. Box 8696, Madison, Wisconsin 53708-8696, 608 266-1996, www.eab.state.wi.us).
- Other State Approvals for Distance Learning: Herzing University has made a good-faith effort to follow each individual state's regulations concerning offering distance educational programs in that respective state. Students should investigate and ensure that the program they desire, if offered in a distance/online format, meets the requirements of the profession in their state. Herzing University is not enrolling new students in the following states: Arkansas, District of Columbia and Wyoming. Not all programs are available in all states. Contact the Online Admissions Office for program availability at email@example.com or 866-508-0748.
- Nursing programs: The Bachelor of Science in Nursing—Bridge and the Master of Science in Nursing programs offered by Herzing University Online are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530 Washington, DC 20036-1120, 202-887-6791, www.aacn.nche.edu/ccne-accreditation.) Individuals considering the Master of Science in Nursing program—particularly the Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) concentration—should be aware that state requirements for availability of required clinical courses and eligibility to apply for licensure as a family nurse practitioner vary from state to state. Applicants should check with their applicable state board of nursing before enrolling in any graduate nursing program. For additional information, e-mail your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Medical Assisting Services: The Diploma in Medical Assisting Services and the Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Services programs offered through Herzing University Online are accredited by Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES, 7777 Leesburg Pike, Suite 314 North Falls Church, Virginia 22043, 703-917-9503, www.abhes.org). Consequently, graduates are eligible to take the Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) certification exam offered by the American Association of Medical Assistants.
- Health Information Management: The Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management and the Associate of Science in Health Information Management programs offered through Herzing University Online are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM, 233 North Michigan Avenue, 31st Floor, Chicago, Illinois 60601-5800 312-233-1100 www.cahiim.org). Graduates of the Associate of Science in Health Information Management from Herzing University Online are eligible to take the Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) certification exam and graduates from the Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management are eligible to take the Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) certification exam both offered through the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
- Legal Studies: Graduates of the Associate of Science in Legal Studies and the Bachelor of Science in Legal Studies programs available online from Herzing University Online are eligible to take the Certified Paralegal examination through the Association of Legal Assistants (www.nala.org). These online programs are not programmatically approved by the American Bar Association (ABA, 321 North Clark Street Chicago, Illinois 60654-7598, 800-285-2221, www.americanbar.org). There are no plans to seek this approval for these online programs. Some employers may prefer graduates from an ABA approved program. Students are advised to consult with employers of preference as to the importance of this approval on their hiring decisions.
- Accounting: The Bachelor of Science in Accounting program at Herzing University, even when combined with the Herzing University MBA, may not fulfill all of the requirements for a graduate to take the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam or apply for licensure as a CPA in some states/jurisdictions. In addition to requiring a specific amount of study beyond a bachelor’s degree (typically, a total of 150 semester credit hours but this varies by jurisdiction), most states/jurisdictions require specific coursework as well as several years of professional experience working in accounting to be eligible to apply for licensure. Some states (including, but not necessarily limited to, Texas) require the accounting program to have a specific programmatic accreditation for graduates to apply for licensure as a CPA, which Herzing University programs do not have, and no representation has been made as to when or if such an accreditation will be obtained. Applicants interested in becoming a CPA should check with their state Board of Accountancy regarding CPA eligibility requirements prior to enrolling in any accounting program. Students planning to pursue certifications other than the CPA exam should also contact the respective certifying organization to confirm requirements for certification prior to enrolling in any accounting program.
- Other Programs: No other programs at this campus have specialized programmatic accreditation. Students are advised to consult with employers of preference as to the importance of specialized programmatic accreditation on their hiring decisions.
The Bachelor of Science in Technical Management prepares students who already have a technical background gained from diploma or associate degree studies in any technical field to be a manager in that field. The technical cource work can be from a technical program at Herzing University or can be transfered in from a technical program taken at another college or university.
Technology Management Program Chart
Program availability varies by location.
|Bachelor of Science in Technology Management With a Minor in Information Technology||124||36|
|Bachelor of Science in Technology Management With a Minor in Software Development||124||36|
|Bachelor of Science in Technology Management With No Declared Minor or Concentration||131||36|
Bachelor of Science in Technology Management with No Declared Minor or Concentration
In this degree completion program, students can take advantage of the technology credits they earned at other credited institutions. This allows them to focus on Herzing’s proven business and management courses. Graduates are prepared for management positions in the technical career field. Download Program Course Sheet
Bachelor of Science in Technology Management with a minor in Software Development
In addition to building a strong foundation in computer science, students also gain networking as well as business and management skills. Graduates have the business credentials and technical capabilities needed to manage systems and direct network technology in today’s corporate setting. Download Program Course Sheet
Bachelor of Science in Technology Management – Information Technology
In addition to the solid computer science classes, students take in-depth courses in the various aspects of computer networking, firewalls, routers and switches, as well as systems administration scripting and security protocols. Graduates are prepared for careers in virtually any public service, private industry or government organization. Download Program Course Sheet