Our Graduate Success Stories
If you saw me around town, you would not realize this
Don’t let any disadvantage, life circumstance, or perception about you get in your way. Go for it. Get your degree and achieve those goals. I can tell you that it’s something you will never regret. And I can also tell you Herzing University is there to back you all the way. Hey, if I can do it, anyone can!
ACCREDITATION AND CERTIFICATION/LICENSURE
- Regional Accreditation: Herzing University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association (HLC-NCA, 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, Illinois 60604-1413, 800-621-7440, www.ncahlc.org). This means all students attending Herzing University are attending an accredited institution.
- Wisconsin State Approval: All programs offered through Herzing University Online are approved by State of Wisconsin Educational Approval Board (P.O. Box 8696, Madison, Wisconsin 53708-8696, 608 266-1996, www.eab.state.wi.us).
- Other State Approvals for Distance Learning: Herzing University has made a good-faith effort to follow each individual state's regulations concerning offering distance educational programs in that respective state. Students should investigate and ensure that the program they desire, if offered in a distance/online format, meets the requirements of the profession in their state. Herzing University is not enrolling new students in the following states: Arkansas, District of Columbia and Wyoming. Not all programs are available in all states. Contact the Online Admissions Office for program availability at firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-508-0748.
- Nursing programs: The Bachelor of Science in Nursing—Bridge and the Master of Science in Nursing programs offered by Herzing University Online are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530 Washington, DC 20036-1120, 202-887-6791, www.aacn.nche.edu/ccne-accreditation.) Individuals considering the Master of Science in Nursing program—particularly the Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) concentration—should be aware that state requirements for availability of required clinical courses and eligibility to apply for licensure as a family nurse practitioner vary from state to state. Applicants should check with their applicable state board of nursing before enrolling in any graduate nursing program. For additional information, e-mail your questions to email@example.com.
- Medical Assisting Services: The Diploma in Medical Assisting Services and the Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Services programs offered through Herzing University Online are accredited by Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES, 7777 Leesburg Pike, Suite 314 North Falls Church, Virginia 22043, 703-917-9503, www.abhes.org). Consequently, graduates are eligible to take the Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) certification exam offered by the American Association of Medical Assistants.
- Health Information Management: The Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management and the Associate of Science in Health Information Management programs offered through Herzing University Online are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM, 233 North Michigan Avenue, 31st Floor, Chicago, Illinois 60601-5800 312-233-1100 www.cahiim.org). Graduates of the Associate of Science in Health Information Management from Herzing University Online are eligible to take the Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) certification exam and graduates from the Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management are eligible to take the Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) certification exam both offered through the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
- Legal Studies: Graduates of the Associate of Science in Legal Studies and the Bachelor of Science in Legal Studies programs available online from Herzing University Online are eligible to take the Certified Paralegal examination through the Association of Legal Assistants (www.nala.org). These online programs are not programmatically approved by the American Bar Association (ABA, 321 North Clark Street Chicago, Illinois 60654-7598, 800-285-2221, www.americanbar.org). There are no plans to seek this approval for these online programs. Some employers may prefer graduates from an ABA approved program. Students are advised to consult with employers of preference as to the importance of this approval on their hiring decisions.
- Accounting: The Bachelor of Science in Accounting program at Herzing University, even when combined with the Herzing University MBA, may not fulfill all of the requirements for a graduate to take the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam or apply for licensure as a CPA in some states/jurisdictions. In addition to requiring a specific amount of study beyond a bachelor’s degree (typically, a total of 150 semester credit hours but this varies by jurisdiction), most states/jurisdictions require specific coursework as well as several years of professional experience working in accounting to be eligible to apply for licensure. Some states (including, but not necessarily limited to, Texas) require the accounting program to have a specific programmatic accreditation for graduates to apply for licensure as a CPA, which Herzing University programs do not have, and no representation has been made as to when or if such an accreditation will be obtained. Applicants interested in becoming a CPA should check with their state Board of Accountancy regarding CPA eligibility requirements prior to enrolling in any accounting program. Students planning to pursue certifications other than the CPA exam should also contact the respective certifying organization to confirm requirements for certification prior to enrolling in any accounting program.
- Other Programs: No other programs at this campus have specialized programmatic accreditation. Students are advised to consult with employers of preference as to the importance of specialized programmatic accreditation on their hiring decisions.
Advance your Career in Nursing
Since you're already an RN, you know that a career in nursing offers continual growth and advancement. A bachelor's degree is generally required for growth into higher-level nursing positions, and a master's degree is required for some. Some opportunities for upward mobility are:
- Advanced Practice Nursing Role—Clinical nurse specialists, nurse anesthetists, nurse-midwives, and nurse practitioners
- Education Role - Teach in a college, university, or hospital setting
- Administrative Role —Manage a department or clinical specialty area
- Consulting Role
- Research Role
Convenient online classes
Classes are taught online so students in the BSN Bridge and Master of Science in Nursing programs can continue working as an RN while preparing for the next chapter in their career. At Herzing, you log in when it’s convenient for you, so you never have to worry about missing class due to a conflicting or changing work schedule.
Nursing Program Chart
|Bachelor of Science in Nursing - RN to BSN Bridge||120||32|
Bachelor of Science in Nursing RN to BSN Bridge Degree
This Registered Nurse (RN) to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) completion program is open to licensed, registered nurses who have completed an associate degree in nursing or a diploma in nursing from a nationally or regionally accredited college or university.
The curriculum offers advanced nursing concepts that prepare nurse leaders, managers, critical thinkers, and change-agents and provides a strong foundation for entry into graduate-level nursing programs. The Herzing University online BSN Bridge degree allows for a generous number of nursing electives in order to transfer in credits from your associate degree in nursing (review policy for transfer credits in the course catalog). Download Program Course Sheet
Master of Science in Nursing
Graduates of Herzing University BSN programs or BSN Programs at other accredited colleges or universities can continue their studies with Herzing's Master of Science in Nursing. Students can choose a concentration in Family Nurse Practitioner, Nursing Education, or Nursing Management, depending on their goals.
Herzing bachelor's degree students and alumni receive a 15% tuition scholarship on their master’s degree courses!
Note: Since the decision to accept credit from another institution is entirely at the discretion of the receiving institution, students interested after graduation in applying to a Master of Nursing program at a college or university other than Herzing University should check with the school to which they desire to transfer prior to enrolling in this program.
Not all programs are approved in all states.
The information below reflects aggregated data from all of the Herzing University campuses that have students enrolled in the specified program in the specified time period. The information does not reflect data regarding individual campuses unless only one campus had students to report. The reporting period used to obtain this data was 7/1/2012-6/30/2013. If there were less than 10 graduates in a program, median loan debt and on-time completion data were not disclosed for that program to protect the privacy of those students. Tuition and length may vary by campus location. Ranges could not be input for tuition and length, therefore tuition and length reported are the highest tuition rates and longest program length to encompass all campuses. For information regarding specific campus tuition please refer to http://www.herzing.edu/tuition-financial-aid . For a more detailed description of how the data was calculated please refer to the Disclosure Methodology located here http://www.herzing.edu/files/2014Disclosures-Methodology.pdf .
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN NURSING
MASTER OF SCIENCE IN NURSING
Students must already be a licensed Registered Nurse (RN) to enter the Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Bridge program through Herzing University Online.