Herzing University wants to help make your dream of earning a college degree a reality.
There are a number of funding opportunities through the Federal Financial Aid and State Student Aid programs. Learn more about grant and loan options here or contact an educational funding officer.
Herzing University is eligible for the following federal grant and loan programs. Grants are considered gift monies and repayment is not required, while loans need to be paid back in the future. For more information about specific grants or loans, please visit Federal Student Aid  at the U.S. Department of Education.
- Federal Pell Grant (PELL) is typically awarded to undergraduate students and serves as the foundation of federal student financial aid.
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) is awarded to undergraduate students with exceptional financial need. PELL recipients receive priority for FSEOG awards.
- National Science and Mathematics Access to Retain Talent Grant (SMART) is for undergraduate students enrolled in their third or fourth years of study who are pursuing a major in physical, life, or computer sciences; mathematics; technology; engineering; or a critical foreign language.
- Academic Competitiveness Grants (ACG) are for undergraduate students enrolled in their first or second academic year of an eligible program in any field. Students must have completed a rigorous secondary school program of study and have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA for their first academic year.
- Federal Perkins Loan (PERKINS) is awarded by the participating school to part- or full-time undergraduate, graduate, and professional degree students who demonstrate financial need.
- Federal Stafford Loans (Subsidized and Unsubsidized) are for part- or full-time undergraduate, graduate, and professional degree students. Subsidized loans are for students who demonstrate financial need.
- Federal PLUS Loans (FFEL PLUS) are loans borrowed by parents for their undergraduate, dependent children.
- Federal Direct PLUS Loans/Graduate PLUS Loans are loans borrowed by graduate and professional degree students to pay for their own education.
Institutional Grant Program
Herzing University awards Institutional Grants to students demonstrating extraordinary need, unusual conditions, or change of circumstances. Applications are due before the end of the add/drop period for each semester. Award amounts are typically $200-$700 per semester.
Military and Veterans Grants
To see a full listing of military-related benefits, please review the Military & Veterans  section of our website.
GRANTS AND LOANS
For information regarding types of financial aid, please click here.