- Did you mean
- point 2013
Herzing University 2-Year and 3-Year Cohort Default Rates (CDRs)
for Cohorts 2009-2011
2-Year Cohort Default Rates
|Herzing University||National Averages||Proprietary Schools Averages|
3-Year Cohort Default Rates
|Herzing University||National Averages||Proprietary Schools Averages|
Wednesday, Apr 24, 2013
My name is Michelle LaMark, and I will graduate from the Herzing University Master of Business Administration program in August of 2010. I first began my journey at Herzing in May of 2006, and it's been one of the greatest experiences of my life. Herzing University helped me to not only meet great people, acquire not one but two jobs, and earn an Associate of Science degree in Legal Studies and a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration within two years.
Herzing has also given me a second family. I also feel that I have grown as a person through my educational experience at this school. I'm not aimless anymore; I have purpose now. I will always be grateful to the wonderful Herzing staff, faculty, and the organization itself, for my achievements.
Herzing University - Madison Alumni Erica Marty was awarded one of the top 40 Under 40 in Madison by InBusiness Magazine. Marty has been a Herzing University student in multiple programs. She graduated with an Associate Degree in CAD Drafting Design in 2003; Bachelor's of Technology Management in 2006, and finished her MBA in 2010. She currently oversees Eppstein Uhen Architects' building information modeling technology consulting group, and she’s now involved in all phases of project management. Her other projects include inspiring young women to begin a career in architectural and building design through her panel networking event, Women Building Wisconsin. You can read the InBusiness Magazine article and see a full list of winners here. Congratulations Erica!
Library Resources and Services
A variety of library resources and services are available for students in both on-campus and online Herzing programs.
- All students, at campuses and online, have access to dozens of extensive research databases which include thousands of journals, magazines, images, e-books, newspapers, transcripts, and multimedia. These electronic resources are available 24x7 via an Internet connection at home or on-campus.
- Campus libraries have supplemental collections including books, periodicals, and multimedia, as well as facilities for study and research.
- A team of professional librarians work with students regarding reference questions and use of the electronic and print resources.
- Librarians are available via toll-free phone, email, chat, and more.
- Faculty members work with librarians to match library resources with the research resources needed for assignments and research projects.
- Information literacy skills are integrated with the curriculum so students can develop their ability to work with resources effectively and efficiently.
- Research collections, guides, tutorials, and other materials are available to students.
The librarians support development of independent learning skills by offering research information and assistance for both focused and general research.
Herzing University offers students a unique educational experience with career-focused classes, convenient scheduling, and caring faculty and staff. We meet you wherever you are in life and provide you with the real-world skills you need to get ahead in today's economy. Get the facts about the Herzing difference below, then talk to an advisor to start your career today.
- Founded by Henry and Suzanne Herzing in 1965, our family legacy continues with daughter, Renée Herzing, as president.
- Was the first post-secondary institution focused on preparing students for careers in the computer industry.
- We're accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. For further information, the Higher Learning Commission can be contacted at: www.ncahlc.org.
- Herzing is the only woman-owned, accredited university in the U.S.
- WBE certified by the National Women Business Owners Corporation.
- Recognized as a member of the GI Jobs' list of "Military Friendly Schools" for 2013, 2012, 2011, and 2010.
- Since 2010, the Herzing Educational Foundation has awarded over $81,000 in scholarships to Herzing students and donated nearly $50,000 to community organizations.
Our Career Programs
- Over 50 undergraduate programs in technology, business, healthcare, design, and public safety.
- Two master's programs, including eight MBA concentrations and three MSN concenstrations.
- 11 locations and an online program.
- Varied continuing education options through our local campuses.
- Technology, medical imaging, and radiation therapy training and certification through our division: Medical Technology Management Institute, a continuing education division of Herzing University.
- Students can earn a bachelor's and master's degree in just four years.
- 18:1 student-faculty ratio average.
- 625 faculty experienced in their field.
- Over 6,000 students attend Herzing annually.
- 40,000 alumni and counting.
- We offer a study abroad exchange program at the Dalian Institute of Science and Technology in Dalian, China.
Herzing University and Horizon Campus in Columbo, Sri Lanka have created an affiliation to provide U.S. degrees to Sri Lankan students.
Sri Lankan students can take online bachelor's and master's programs right from the comfort of their homes in Sri Lanka or choose to study abroad at one of Herzing University's campuses in the U.S.
In Person Support
While taking online courses in Sri Lanka, students can attend optional tutoring sessions at Horizon's Campus in Columbo.
Bachelor of Science students can complete the Herzing University bachelor's degree programs in a little as three years. Click here to find out about accelerated programs. MBA students can complete the program in just one and a half years. Sri Lankan students will be fully integrated into the Herzing University system, allowing any student to spend as many semesters as they wish studying in one of Herzing University’s many U.S. campuses.
The Master in Business Administration programs prepare students with the necessary skills and academic knowledge for management positions in various business enterprises, with a concentration of courses in business management. These career opportunities may be in areas such as accounting, finance, business administration, sales, marketing, human resources, information systems, and production or operations for the existing or emerging manager. The program includes the application of theory and practice, and case studies are emphasized throughout all courses. Graduates of Herzing University’s MBA degree program will be able to apply their knowledge to any field, including finance, marketing, healthcare, education, manufacturing, industrial, insurance, nonprofit, and hospitality industries. Students can choose from four MBA concentrations:
- MBA in Business Management
- MBA in Human Resources
- MBA in Project Management
- MBA in Technology Management
- Business Management with a Concentration in Business Administration - This degree prepares students with a generalist approach to management education by providing the skills and knowledge for entry-level general management training positions. These career opportunities may be in areas such as accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivables, business administration, human resources, and hospitality.
- Business Management with a Concentration in Entrepreneurial Studies - Students gain an understanding of the roles and responsibilities, functions, and challenges of today’s entrepreneurs. Students will take classes to increase their knowledge and understanding of the importance of entrepreneurial law, social responsibility, product development, and innovation. The goal of the program is to provide students with the basic knowledge and skills necessary to start a small business or develop an existing business upon graduation. By the end of the program, students should be able to develop a comprehensive business plan, which includes a well-constructed financial and marketing component.
- Business Management with a Concentration in International Business - The roles and strategies of businesses in a global environment will be examined. Students will be equipped with the necessary skills and academic knowledge for entry-level positions in international companies. Areas of focus in international business include marketing, banking, finance, economics, exporting, importing, cultural protocol, and foreign language. Students will learn the social, cultural, legal, political, and technological barriers to international business and understand international trade and investment opportunities while demonstrating how to manage international business affairs.
- Business Management with a Concentration in Marketing - Study of the complex relationship between markets and customers and the practical and theoretical skills needed to market a product in a competitive business environment are covered in this program. The core components of the marketing program concentration are advertising, marketing on the internet, consumer behavior, marketing research, marketing strategy, new product development, international marketing, professional selling, and sales management.
- Graphic Design with a Concentration in Print Design and Graphic Design with a Concentration in Web Design- These degrees prepare students with the necessary academic knowledge and technical competencies required for a wide range of positions in graphic arts. The curriculum is focused on designing and producing work for print, the web, television, cinema, multimedia, and digital entertainment. This degree enables students to specialize in topics appropriate for an entry-level position in interactive and graphic arts.
- Information Technology with a Concentration in Network Management - and Information Technology with a Concentration in Security Technology - Students in these programs will be prepared with the necessary academic knowledge and technical competencies required for a range of positions and careers in the administration and management of information technology. The curriculum is focused on designing, implementing, and supporting solutions to business problems in the general categories of information technology, information management, and business communications. The program keeps pace with changing technology by offering courses that focus on emerging technologies.
- Software Development with a Concentration in Computer Programming - This degree prepares students with the necessary academic knowledge and technical competencies required for a range of positions. The curriculum is focused on designing, implementing, or supporting computer application solutions to problems in industries such as business, government, and health information management.
Contact Horizon Campus for more information about earning an online U.S. Herzing University degree in Sri Lanka; study abroad opportunities at one of Herzing University's many campuses in the U.S.; and more.
Hotline: +94-718 622 727
In the U.S., please contact Matthew Schneider at +1-414-908-0276 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuesday, Mar 26, 2013
U.S. News Ranks Herzing University #1 Online Program in Wisconsin
MADISON, WI (February 13, 2013) – U.S. News & World Report recently published its ranking of online education programs, and Herzing University was the highest-ranking Wisconsin-based online education program for Best Online Bachelors Programs. Herzing was ranked 80th in the country, followed by UW – Platteville at #85, UW – Milwaukee at #123, UW – Superior at #148 and UW – Green Bay’s ranking was not published.
The U.S. News ranking was comprised of Faculty Credentials & Training, Student Services & Technology and Student Engagement scores. Only degree-granting programs offering courses that are 100 percent online were considered for the rankings.
“We are gratified to be recognized once again for the quality of our online bachelor’s degree programs,” said Renée Herzing, president of Herzing University. “The majority of our students are working adults, and we strive to provide them with the best possible educational experience while supporting their efforts to balance work, family and education priorities.”
Herzing University Online offers a wide range of master’s, bachelor’s and associate degrees, as well as diploma and continuing education courses and certifications. Students are able to take all of their courses online, depending on their program, or they may choose a hybrid approach with some courses online and some in the classroom at one of 12 Herzing University locations across the United States.
About Herzing University Online
Serving students online since 2003, Herzing University Online’s programs are specifically designed to prepare students for dynamic careers in the fields of technology, business, healthcare, design, and public safety. Consistent with its “career-focused, convenient, and caring” educational mission, students have the option to take courses toward their master’s, bachelor’s, or associate degree or diploma in the convenient online format. Based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Herzing University Online has been recognized as the “Best School for Online Education – 2009” by Corporate Report Wisconsin, as a 2010 winner of the Alfred P. Sloan Awards for Business Excellence in Workplace Flexibility (Honorable Mention in 2011, 2012 and 2013) and as a member of the GI Jobs magazine list of “Military Friendly Schools” for four consecutive years from 2010 – 2013. Information about Herzing University Online is available at www.herzing.edu/online. To learn more about Herzing University, go to www.herzing.edu.
A real opportunity to make a major difference in the lives of others.
Physical therapist assistants (PTAs) work as part of a team to provide physical therapy services under the direction and supervision of the physical therapist. PTAs implement selected components of patient/client interventions (treatment), obtain data related to the interventions provided, and make modifications in selected interventions either to progress the patient/client as directed by the physical therapist or to ensure patient/client safety and comfort.
#15 Best Job in America according to U.S. News & World Report's survey for 2013!
PTAs assist the physical therapist in the treatment of individuals of all ages, from newborns to the very oldest, who have medical problems or other health-related conditions that limit their abilities to move and perform functional activities in their daily lives. PTAs provide care for people in a variety of settings, including hospitals, private practices, outpatient clinics, home health agencies, schools, sports and fitness facilities, work settings, and nursing homes. PTAs must graduate from a CAPTE-accredited PTA program and licensure or certification is required in most states in which a PTA works.
Source: The above information was taken from the American Physical Therapy Association and used with permission.
A High-demand Occupation
As the large baby-boomer generation enters the prime age for heart attacks, strokes and broken bones, the need for these professionals will expand.
Many physical therapist assistants advance to administration positions. These positions might include managing all the assistants in a large physical therapy organization or acting as the director for a specific department such as sports medicine. Experienced assistants can also go on to teach in an accredited academic program, lead health risk reduction classes for the elderly, or organize community-run fitness and risk reduction activity programs.
Opportunities are best for physical therapist assistants who hold an associate degree and are licensed.
Physical therapist assistants need a moderate degree of strength because of the physical exertion required in assisting patients with their treatment. Frequent kneeling, stooping, and standing for long periods also are part of the job. The hours and days that physical therapist assistants work vary, but many work evenings and weekends to accommodate their patients’ schedules.
A career as a physical therapist assistant could be right for you, if you:
- Have the interpersonal skills needed to work with those who require encouragement as well as instruction
- Have the strength and agility required to work with physically disabled patients
- Can clearly communicate and demonstrate specific instructions and directions
- Have a desire to help people in need
Orlando Physical Therapist Assistant Information Session – PTA
You must attend one of our upcoming Physical Therapist Assistant Information Sessions to become a candidate for our PTA program. At the PTA Information Session you will learn about Herzing University and the requirements for admission into the program, as well as what your next steps would be. The entire information session will last approximately 1.5 hrs.
Our PTA program begins twice a year—January and July, and we accept 24 students each time without a waiting list.
Financial Aid Steps
To begin the funding process, please complete the following steps:
- Register for a PIN - Go to: www.pin.ed.gov This PIN will act as your electronic signature for your online financial aid documents.
- If you have never created a PIN select 'Apply for a PIN'
- If you already have a PIN but can't remember it select 'Request Duplicate PIN'
- Once your PIN is created or retrieved, select 'Display Now' from the drop down box in order to view your PIN immediately
- Complete the current year's FAFSA using your most recent federal tax information – You can fill this form out online and submit it with your PIN. Please remember to add Herzing University's school code to your FAFSA (School Code: 009621).
Once your file has been submitted to our Financial Aid Department your FAFSA may be "Selected for Verification" by the Federal Government. If you are selected, you will be asked to supply additional documents. In order to complete the process in a timely manner, we highly recommend having the following documents ready for submission:
- Federal Tax Forms (1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ) – A copy of your most recent Federal tax forms (and your spouse's or parent's if applicable) directly from the IRS. Please call the IRS Tax Transcript Request Line at 1-800-829-1040 (fastest service) or go to http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Order-a-Transcript.
- W2's – Your most recent W2's (and your spouse's or parent's if applicable).
Complete Entrance Counseling
- Before any school can disburse your Federal Stafford Loan (subsidized or unsubsidized), regulations require that you complete an entrance counseling session. The counseling session provides information about how to manage your student loans, both during and after college.
- Go to https://studentloans.gov/myDirectLoan/index.action
- To Select Herzing University Brookfield Campus as your school, click on the 'Add a School' button in Step Three.
If you type in 'Herzing', a number of locations will pull up. The Brookfield Campus OPE ID is 009621 and the associated city is Madison, WI. Please be sure to select the proper school, or it will not appear in our records that the Entrance Counseling has been completed.
- Print or save the confirmation page for your records.
Complete the Master Promissory Note
- The Master Promissory Note (MPN) is your agreement to pay back any student loans taken out on your behalf.
- You will need your PIN number to complete the MPN.
- Please go to: https://studentloans.gov/myDirectLoan/index.action and select 'Sign In'. Enter your personal information and select 'Sign In', verify that your information is correct and then provide your email address. Select 'Complete Master Promissory Note' then select 'Subsidized/Unsubsidized'. When asked for the school select Herzing University Madison Campus. Follow the directions as prompted and when you are done print or save the confirmation page for your records.
- This is a $50 fee ($125 fee for Nursing students) that can be paid online. You can also pay on campus using cash, money orders, or certified checks (no personal checks)
If you have any questions, please call the Brookfield campus at (262) 649-1710 and ask for Financial Aid.