Our Success Stories
My name is David Marrufo and I am the Recruiting and Training Manager for the Tireman Auto Centers in northwest Ohio. We recently held a sales staff training at Herzing University -- Toledo and found the accommodations suited our needs well.
Enterprise Resource Planning Using SAP
|Date:||Call your campus for upcoming dates|
|Course Number/Program Code:||CE 0066/CEERP|
|Course Name:||Enterprise Resource Planning Using SAP|
|Days to Complete:||2|
|Location:||5212 Hill Avenue, Toledo, OH 43615|
|Who Should Attend:||Managers, supervisors, key users, or anyone interested in gaining basic knowledge of SAP solutions|
|Course Type:||Lecture, discussion, and hands-on|
This course will provide a critical examination of issues embedded in the practice of providing customer service. Topics include research about best practices in customer service and communication techniques, psychologically-based methods for dealing with the management of customer complaints, and the roles of a customer service employee and supervisor within ethical boundaries and common business practice. This course will present an overview and offer hands-on exercises of ERP/SAP systems in the areas of sales and distribution and materials management. This course will teach the fundamental concepts of ERP/SAP software provided by SAP University Alliance.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Define the role of customer service in an organization.
- List factors of customer expectations.
- Define strategies for successful customer service.
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate with customers.
- List strategies for customer retention.
- Explain a company’s business functional areas and business processes.
- Identify business problems inherent in non-integrated information systems.
- Discuss ERP systems as a solution to such problems.
- Complete an introduction to various enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems.
- Address how integrated information systems improve business operations.
- Apply knowledge and skills to the real business world.
- Understand business operations, business processes, and functional areas of a real organization.
- Find business problems in the organization, and propose solutions of information systems for solving these problems.
Required Texts or other supplemental materials:
Customer Service: A Practical Approach, Elaine K. Harris, Prentice Hall, 6 edition, (January 15, 2012), 013274239X/978-0132742399
Welcome and Introductions 8:00 am–8:30 am
ERP Certificate of Completion using SAP 8:30 am–10:15 am
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
Business Functions/Business Processes
Marketing and Sales (M/S)
Supply Chain Management (SCM)
Accounting and Finance (A/F)
Human Resources (HR) 10:30 am–12:00 pm
SAP User Interface
Post Goods Issue
Create Billing Document
Integrated Operational View of an Organization 1:00 pm–2:30 pm
Understanding and Recognizing SAP Screens, Fields, Menus, Icons and Special Features
Learn Key Terms and Transaction Codes
Sales Order Process 2:45 pm–5:00 pm
Sales and Distribution (SD)
Material Management (MM)
ERP Certificate of Completion using SAP Review 8:00 am–10:15 am
Cover SAP Content
Case Study 10:30 am–12:00 pm
Create Purchase Requisition
Create Purchase Order 1:00 pm–2:30 pm
Create Invoice Receipt From Vendor
Display Vendor Line Items 2:45 pm -5:00 pm
Enter Incoming Invoice
Post outgoing Payment
Vendor Balance Display
G/L Account Balance Display