Josh Colvin

Josh Colvin

Choosing to attend Herzing University is one of the best decisions I have made in my life. I was working a dead-end job, worrying about getting shot and killed every day as I delivered large sums of money to financial institutions. I finally decided that I wanted something better for myself; I deserved something better from my life. With the support of my girlfriend, I chose to take the tour of Herzing University. After a preliminary screening, I decided to enroll in a bachelor's degree program. I had my admissions meeting on July 5th and began classes on the 11th.

I chose to attend Herzing University because of the success stories I had heard from other former students. I was also truly impressed with the curriculum, and I found a topic of study that suited my personal interests. At the time, no other location area offered any programs similar to the ones I was able to study at Herzing.

My Herzing experience was the best I could have asked for. In addition to being a student, I was able to work as a student assistant in the IT department at the Madison campus. Through this position, I was able to gain excellent experience in the IT industry I wanted to specialize in. I was also able to establish lasting relationships with my coworkers, professors, and Herzing staff.

My education has helped me in numerous ways, both in my professional career and in my personal life. I have developed a confidence in myself and my abilities that I did not possess before I began school. I have also developed my skills, and I have become a valuable asset to my department and organization. I have begun to earn professional certifications, which is the next logical step in developing more skills to add to my portfolio.

I would recommend the Herzing experience to anyone I meet who is looking for an education in the IT industry. The skills I have developed, and the hands-on training I received, are invaluable assets to anyone interested in this career path. The instructors are well-versed in the foundational areas of the IT industry, and I was able to research and specialize in the skills I wanted to attain; not just the classes required in the course register. I also found the flexibility of a hybrid learning experience to work well with my work schedule. All of these factors contributed to my success at Herzing and will continue to do so as I move forward in my career.

Request Information
Ready to get started?

Contact us to request more information

Opt-In to Receive SMS Messages

By selecting this button you agree to receive updates and alerts from Herzing University. Text HELP to 85109 for help, Text STOP to 85109 to end. Msg & Data Rates May Apply. By opting in, I authorize Herzing University to deliver SMS messages and I understand that I am not required to opt in as a condition of enrollment. By leaving this box unchecked you will not be opted in for SMS messages. Click to read Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.