Herzing University’s class of 2020 is all set to graduate with their hard-earned degrees but with a graduation twist. Herzing’s campuses will be hosting virtual graduations as well as streaming the ceremonies through Facebook Live. View the list of upcoming virtual ceremonies below:
- Brookfield, Kenosha, Madison campuses and Online Wisconsin Students: 5:00 p.m. CT Thursday, May 28.
- Akron Campus: 10:00 a.m. ET Saturday, May 30.
- Online Campus: 5:00 p.m. CT Thursday, June 4.
- Atlanta Campus: 12:00 p.m. ET Friday, June 12.
- Orlando Campus: 10:00 a.m. ET Friday, June 19.
- Birmingham Campus: 10:00 a.m. CT Friday, June 26.
Herzing will be postponing all spring graduation ceremonies, but that doesn’t mean that graduates will be missing out on all the festivities of a “real” commencement! Graduates will still get to celebrate their accomplishments with their families and get recognition for earning their diploma.
Once it is safe to hold commencement again, Herzing grads will have the opportunity to participate in an in-person ceremony on campus. But until that day comes, here are some fun ways for you to celebrate your virtual graduation at home.
Recreating the Campus Experience:
Students are encouraged to submit a picture of themselves to Career Development. It can be a picture in your cap and gown, Herzing wear or a professional photo in your work attire. Your photo will be shown on a slide when your name is called and possibly shared on Herzing’s social media.
A graduation program will be shared with you closer to the ceremony day. Printed programs along with diploma covers will also be available after campuses open for students who would like one.
Watch with Family and Friends:
Your virtual graduation ceremony will be shared on Facebook Live. Make sure you:
- Have your family and friends watch the Herzing Facebook Live video and give you a shout-out in the comments!
- Share the link to our Herzing University Facebook page with your friends and family so that they can watch the ceremony from their home. You can also share the Facebook Live ceremony link with your friends and family, too, which will open the ceremony directly.
- You do not need a Facebook account to watch the ceremony
- Start a personalized Facebook Watch Party! When you start a watch party, you can watch any public video on Facebook in real-time with a group of your friends. Check out this link for more information about setting up a Facebook watch party.
Social Media Frenzy:
We want to hear from you! You can share your unique experiences with the Herzing community in a variety of different ways:
- We want to share your Herzing moments on social media. If you have an image or a story that you want to share about your Herzing experience, DM us. Send us a direct message on Facebook with your name, the degree you earned and whatever image, memory or caption that you want to use. We may share your images on our social media accounts.
- You can also tag us in your posts or use our hashtag #HUPossible or #HerzingGrad on your social media accounts.
- Snap, save and share your pictures during the virtual ceremony and post to our celebratory grad post that will be shared right before graduation kicks off (check out our page before graduation begins; you'll see what we're talking about!).
- Photo Frames for Students: We’ve created some special digital “frames” for graduation. Update your profile picture using the Herzing graduation frames on Facebook. Check out our Herzing Facebook frames here!
- Photo Frames for Families: Of course, you will want to share your excitement with your family and friends! They can also show their pride and support for you by updating their profile picture with a Herzing grad frame. Check out these Herzing family Facebook frames here.
Some Highlights to Expect:
- Engaging Graphics: Before the ceremony, there will be slides of Herzing University's history, facts and more.
- Message from President Renee Herzing: Renee Herzing will address the class of 2020 and congratulate grads on all their hard work.
- Awarding the Diplomas: The moment all graduates have been waiting for! The names of all graduates will be announced by program to celebrate their accomplishments.
Look ahead to for more as we get closer to graduation!
Take a moment to click and view the program for your virtual graduation:
Tips and Tools for Celebrating at Home:
Just because you can’t have a big celebration doesn’t mean that the party stops! Here are some tips and tools to help you make your graduation at home a personalized, unique and fun experience!
On behalf of everyone at Herzing, congratulations class of 2020! You are possible!