With the new year comes exciting new beginnings for Herzing University’s class of 2020! Our campuses will be hosting virtual graduations and streaming the ceremonies through Facebook Live. More information on our upcoming virtual graduations can be found below. Don’t forget that you don’t need a Facebook account to watch the ceremonies with friends and family.
- Atlanta Campus: 11:00 a.m. ET Friday, January 8.
- Brookfield, Kenosha, Madison Campuses: 7:00 p.m. CT Thursday, January 21.
- Akron Campus: 10:00 a.m. ET Saturday, January 23.
- Online Campus: 5:00 p.m. CT Thursday, January 28.
Although commencement will be held virtually, graduates will still get to celebrate their accomplishments with their families and get recognition for earning their diploma through our virtual platform.
Once it is safe to hold commencement again, all Herzing graduates will have the opportunity to participate in an in-person ceremony on campus. But until that day comes, here are some fun ways for you to participate and celebrate your virtual graduation at home:
Watch on Facebook with Family and Friends:
Your virtual graduation ceremony will be shared on Facebook Live so you can invite all your family and friends! Before the ceremony, make sure you:
- Share the link to your campus Facebook page with your friends and family so that they can watch the ceremony from their home. You can also share the Facebook Live ceremony link with your friends and family, which will open the ceremony directly.
- Start a personalized Facebook Watch Party! When you start a watch party, you can view any public video on Facebook in real-time with a group of your friends. Check out this link for more information about setting up a Facebook watch party.
- Have your family and friends give you a shout-out in the comments during the ceremony!
*Please note that you do not need a Facebook account to watch the ceremony. The ceremony is accessible to the public to watch. *
Recreating the Campus Experience:
Students are encouraged to submit a picture of themselves to Career Development before commencement. It can be a picture in your cap and gown, your Herzing wear or a professional photo in your work attire. Your photo will be shown on a slide when your name is called and possibly shared on Herzing’s social media. Preferably, do not use Snapchat filters for these pictures!
A graduation program will be shared with you closer to the ceremony day. Printed programs along with diploma covers will also be available for students who would like one. Students are encouraged to print and share their programs with family and friends.
Social Media Frenzy:
Don’t be shy — we want to hear from you!
Besides the ceremony, there is a lot more you can do to celebrate, and we want to see what creative ideas you come up with! You can share your unique experiences with the Herzing community in a variety of different ways:
- Share your Herzing moments on social media. If you have an image or a story that you want to share about your Herzing experience, DM us on Facebook. In your message, include your name, the degree you earned and whatever image, memory or caption that you want to use. We may share your images on our social media accounts.
- You can also tag us in your posts or use our hashtag #HUPossible or #HerzingGrad on your social media accounts.
- Snap, save and share your pictures during the virtual ceremony and post to our celebratory grad post that will be shared right before graduation kicks off (check out our page before graduation begins; you'll see what we're talking about!)
- Do you have some fun ways you’re going to celebrate? Share your tips and plans with us on social media or DM us on Facebook!
Photo Frames for Students: We’ve created some special digital frames for graduation. Update your profile picture using the Herzing graduation frames on Facebook. Check out our Herzing Facebook frames here!
Photo Frames for Families: Of course, you will want to share your excitement with your family and friends! They can show their pride and support for you by updating their profile picture with a Herzing grad frame. Check out these Herzing family Facebook frames here.
Some Highlights to Expect:
- Engaging Graphics: Before the ceremony, there will be slides of Herzing University's history, facts and more.
- Guest speaker: A guest speaker will address the class of 2020 and congratulate grads on all their hard work.
- Awarding the Diplomas: This is the moment all graduates have been waiting for! The names of all graduates will be announced by program.
Look ahead for more information as we get closer to graduation!
Take a moment to click and view the program for your virtual graduation:
Tips and Tools for Celebrating at Home:
Just because you can’t have a big celebration doesn’t mean that the party stops! Here are some tips and tools to help you make your graduation at home a personalized and fun experience!
On behalf of everyone at Herzing, congratulations class of 2020! You are possible!