On behalf of the Herzing University faculty, staff, students and alumni, congratulations to the graduating Classes of 2020 and 2021! We are proud of our graduating students and all that you have accomplished to arrive at this moment.
After a long year of social distancing, we are happy to announce that our campuses will be hosting both virtual and in-person ceremonies for both 2020 and 2021 graduates! We are looking forward to sharing your special day with you in person. More information can be found below.
Commencement and Pinning
- Orlando Campus: 1:00 p.m. ET Friday, April 9
- Atlanta Campus:
- Commencement: 11:00 a.m. ET Friday, May 7
- Pinning: 2:00 p.m. ET Friday, May 7
- Brookfield Campus: at the Brookfield Convention Center
- 2020 Graduate Commencement: 10:00 a.m. CT Sunday, May 23
- 2020 and April 2021 Pinning: 12:30 p.m. CT Sunday, May 23
- 2021 Graduate Commencement: 2:30 p.m. CT Sunday, May 23
- Online Divison: 5:00 p.m. CT Thursday, May 27
- Kenosha Campus: at the Crown Plaza, South Milwaukee
- April 2021 Student Pinning: 10:00 a.m. Sunday, June 6
- 2020 Graduate Commencement: 12:30 p.m. Sunday, June 6
- 2020 Graduate Commencement: 5:30 p.m. Sunday, June 6
- 2020 Graduate Commencement (if needed): 8:00 p.m. Sunday, June 6
- Madison Campuses: at Monona Terrace
- Pinning: 3:00 p.m. Friday, June 11
- Commencement 4:00 p.m. Friday, June 11
- Akron Campus: at the John S. Knight Center
- Commencement: 10:00 a.m. Saturday, July 24
- Pinning: Immediately after commencement Saturday, July 24
All ceremonies will also be streamed through Facebook Live. Don’t forget that you don’t need a Facebook account to watch the ceremonies with friends and family.
While we are looking forward to celebrating your accomplishments in person, student safety is our priority. Specific communication about your unique commencement ceremony will be sent to you before the event, but general safety precautions will include:
- Limiting attendance by requiring registration for all graduates and their limited number of guests.
- Following state and federal guidelines for social distancing and seating throughout the venue.
- Temperature screening at the venue before entry at the event.
- Facemasks will be required at all times throughout the event.
- Hand sanitizer and other sanitation tools will be available throughout the event.
Precautions will vary from location to location. Please reach out to your campus’s career development coach or campus administration if you have any specific questions about your ceremony.
*Be sure to regularly check your email for commencement and pinning ceremony for the latest news and updates!*
Attendance for in-person ceremonies is voluntary. Graduates and guests that do not feel comfortable attending an in-person ceremony or are not able to attend due to restrictions on the number of guests can still participate virtually. We want to make sure that you can fully celebrate your accomplishments most safely and comfortably!
Here are some fun ways for you to participate and celebrate your virtual graduation at home:
Watch on Facebook with Family and Friends:
Your graduation ceremony will be shared on Facebook Live so you can invite all your family and friends including those that can’t attend in person! Before the ceremony, make sure you:
- Share the link to your campus Facebook page with your friends and family so that they can watch the ceremony from their home. You can also share the Facebook Live ceremony link with your friends and family, which will open the ceremony directly.
- Start a personalized Facebook Watch Party! When you start a watch party, you can view any public video on Facebook in real-time with a group of your friends. Check out this link for more information about setting up a Facebook watch party.
Have your family and friends give you a shout-out in the comments during the ceremony!
*You do not need a Facebook account to watch the ceremony. The ceremony is accessible to the public to watch. *
Preparing for Commencement:
Students are encouraged to submit a picture of themselves to Career Development before commencement. It can be a picture in your cap and gown, your Herzing wear or a professional photo in your work attire. Your photo will be shown on a slide when your name is called and possibly shared on Herzing’s social media. Preferably, do not use Snapchat filters for these pictures!
A graduation program will be shared with you closer to the ceremony day. Printed programs along with diploma covers will also be available for students who would like one. Students are encouraged to print and share their programs with family and friends.
Don’t be shy — we want to hear from you!
Besides attending your ceremony, you can do a lot more to celebrate, and we want to see what creative ideas you come up with! You can share your unique experiences with the Herzing community in a variety of different ways:
- Share your Herzing moments on social media. If you have an image or a story that you want to share about your Herzing experience, DM us on Facebook. In your message, include your name, the degree you earned and whatever image, memory or caption that you want to use. We may share your images on our social media accounts.
- Show us how you are celebrating! Whether you are in person at graduation or if you are celebrating at home, we want to see your pictures from your special day!
- You can also tag us in your posts or use our hashtag #HUPossible or #HerzingGrad on your social media accounts.
- Snap, save and share your pictures during the virtual ceremony and post to our celebratory grad post that will be shared right before graduation kicks off (check out our page before graduation begins; you'll see what we're talking about!)
- Do you have some fun ways you’re going to celebrate? Share your tips and plans with us on social media or DM us on Facebook!
Photo Frames for Students: We’ve created some special digital frames for graduation. Update your profile picture using the Herzing graduation frames on Facebook. Check out our Herzing Facebook frames here!
Photo Frames for Family and Friends: Of course, you will want to share your excitement with your family and friends! They can show their pride and support for you by updating their profile picture with a Herzing grad frame. Check out these Herzing family Facebook frames here.
Some Highlights to Expect:
- Engaging Graphics: Before the ceremony, there will be slides of Herzing University's history, facts and more.
- Guest speaker: A guest speaker will address the classes of 2020 and 2021 and congratulate grads on all their hard work.
- Awarding the Diplomas: This is the moment all graduates have been waiting for! The names of all graduates will be announced by program.
Look ahead for more information as we get closer to graduation!
Graduation and Pinning Programs:
Take a moment to click and view the program for your virtual graduation:
Tips and Tools for Celebrating at Home:
Just because you can’t have a big celebration doesn’t mean that the party stops! Here are some tips and tools to help you make your graduation at home a personalized and fun experience!
It was an honor to serve students of your caliber, whose hard work and dedication produce such great results! On behalf of everyone at Herzing, congratulations class of 2021! You are possible!