Skip to main content

International Students

Earn Your Degree from Herzing University

At Herzing, we are passionate about helping professionals worldwide realize their dream of a college degree. Whether you choose to earn your degree at one of our 11 U.S. locations or with our esteemed online programs, we’ll provide you with the skills and knowledge you need to achieve the educational credentials you desire.

International Admissions Requirements

An I-20 document is required, and will be issued once you meet the University’s general undergraduate admissions requirements and provide the following information:

  1. A certified copy of your high school and college transcripts evaluated by a transcript evaluation service approved by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). All documents, diplomas, and transcripts not written in English must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
  2. ACT/SAT scores or transcripts from post-secondary coursework applicable for placement into the intended program. This document will replace entrance exams, which Herzing University does not administer beyond the U.S. and Canada. You may also be required to pay for a professional evaluation of your transcripts.
  3. A notarized statement of financial support or a certified government sponsor letter indicating that tuition will be paid in advance of each term (tuition for the first two semesters is due upon enrollment), and that all necessary living expenses will be provided. (Use form I-134 available online from the BCIS.)
  4. Proof of English-language proficiency through one of the following:
    • A score of 500 or higher on the paper-based TOEFL.
    • A score of 173 or higher on the computer-based TOEFL.
    • A score of 61 or higher on the internet-based TOEFL.
    • A score of 5.0 or higher on the IELTS.
    • Documentation that you successfully completed an intermediate English course from a designated ESL center.
    • Documentation that you successfully completed secondary studies in English (a minimum of four years) or post-secondary studies in English (a minimum of 12 semester hours).

Student Visas

A student visa is only required if you choose to apply to one of our U.S. campus locations. You do not need to apply for a student visa if you complete your Herzing studies 100 percent online from your home country:

  • You may apply for a visa yourself or contact an authorized international agent to assist you in the process.
  • We have signed agreements with international agents worldwide. Contact an admissions advisor to check for an agent in your country.

To learn more about how you can apply as an international student, please contact Matthew Schneider at +011-414-908-0276 or email

Herzing University is authorized by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to accept and enroll non-immigrant students.

Request Information

Ready to get started?

Contact us to request more information