Transfer Students from Institutions that have Closed
Credit for Prior Learning
At Herzing University, we’ll support and guide you through the process of completing your college education.
You’ll save time and money when you apply what you already know. Transfer credit from your previous course work, training, work experience, or military experience, and you’ll get a head start on your degree and career.
We offer a variety of initiatives, let's explore which one is right for you:
- College Transfer (Two + Two) - pursue your associate degree from another accredited college (2 yrs) and transfer the credits to Herzing to earn your bachelor's in just 2 years.
- DEGREE UP - earn your associate degree from a community or technical college and earn your bachelor's degree from Herzing while still at your community or technical college.
- VET2RN - get college credit for your military experience to pusue a degree in nursing.
- VET2IT - receive college credit for your military experience to pursue a degree in IT.
- RN to BSN (Bridge to RN) - earn your bachelor's of science in nursing (BSN) by receiving college credit as a registered nurse (RN).
- Badge to Grad - receive college credit for your academy training toward a bachelor's degree with Herzing.
- Medic to RN or ASN - as a paramedic or EMT receive college credit toward an associate or bachelor's degree in nursing.
Undergraduate Credit Transfer Checklist
Here are some things you need to know about transferring credits from other colleges and universities:
- You must meet the Herzing University’s general undergraduate admissions requirements.
- Herzing accepts transfer credits into most degree or diploma programs. The course for which credit is being sought must have been taken at an accredited post-secondary institution and must be comparable to the course at Herzing University.
- Your grade for the course under consideration must be a “C” or higher. Certain programs may have additional requirements.
- Submit your official transcript from all previous colleges or universities attended. An official description of the course under consideration when available can be very helpful in the credit evaluation process.
- To earn your degree or diploma from Herzing, at least 25 percent of the total credits required must be taken at Herzing University.
Explore the Possibilities
To learn more about Herzing’s transfer policies and agreements, please contact an admissions advisor.
Note: If you decide to transfer to another college or university, please check with the admissions office of that institution. Accepting credits from Herzing University is entirely at the discretion of the receiving institution.