Become a valued resource with an MBA in data analytics
- IACBE accredited1
- Earn your MBA online or at select campus locations - full time or part-time
- Program length: as few as 20 months
- No GMAT/GRE required for admissions!
- 33 and 36 credit options; transfer up to 9-12 approved semester credit hours
- Opportunity to earn Associate Certified Analytics Professional (aCAP) designation prior to graduation
Our MBA programs are leadership degrees designed for working professionals, and the Masters in Data Analytics is no different. Delivered through our online learning platform, the program offers flexibility and convenience without sacrificing rigor or solutions-oriented knowledge.
Our degree provides:
- An in-demand concentration focused on business aspects of the growing field of data analytics
- Broad, executive-level understanding of business functions through our MBA core
- Experience working with widely-accepted analysis approaches and with industry-standard software
- A focus on producing actionable insights that can support decision-making processes
- Development of data presentation skills that effectively communicate to and persuade key stakeholders
- Alignment with skills and knowledge requirements for the Associate Certified Analytics Professional (aCAP) Certification from INFORMS
Our online data analytics MBA also features an accelerated format that lets you graduate in as little as 14 months and qualify to become a data analyst. Working in small classes led by industry professionals, you can grow both personally and professionally while developing skills for a highly desirable and fast-growing discipline.
Data Analytics Career Prospects
According to a 2017 study by IBM, Burning Glass, and the Business-Higher Education Forum, demand for data scientists in business is expected to grow 28% by 2020. Additionally, most of those jobs—59%—will be in finance and insurance, IT, and professional services.
While some employers may choose to hire young statistics graduates, many more employers will be looking to bring in industry-experienced professionals who also have data analysis capabilities. Your professional history, combined with the focus on producing practical business intelligence our program provides, can help you compete in the job market.
Possible job titles related to this degree may include:
- Business Analyst
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Business Intelligence Manager
- Business Intelligence Specialist
- Data Analyst
- Data Manager
- Data and Analytics Manager
- Institutional Research Associate
- Institutional Research Manager
- Knowledge Manager
Advancing Your Career
You can advance in business analytics-related roles and increase your chance for higher pay in data analytics roles by gaining progressive experience and responsibility. You can also pursue a wide variety of industry certifications for data analytics professionals. In addition to the aCAP qualification our program aligns with, there are certification options specific to various software publishers, including IBM, Microsoft, Oracle, SAS, and more.
MBA in Data Analytics Curriculum
This program allows students to gain valuable skills and experience with the concepts and tools used within data analytics. Herzing University's MBA in Data Analytics curriculum is focused on the business aspects of data analytics with a concentration on understanding how to make effective decisions.
Earn your MBA online, with at least partial class availability offered at our Atlanta campus. A minimum of 33-36* semester credit hours is required.
Required Foundation Course(s) 3-6 Semester Credit Hours
* Only required for students who do not have an undergraduate degree in Business, a closely related discipline or its international equivalent.
Required Core MBA Courses - 21 Semester Credit Hours
Additional Required Data Analytics Concentration Courses
A minimum of 9.00 semester credit hours is required.
Course prerequisites may be waived if the student has prior equivalent coursework or the approval of the Graduate Dean.
Accreditations & Disclosures
1. The Business Division at Herzing University has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA. For a list of accredited programs please refer to our IACBE member status page.
Herzing’s MBA program taught me to think critically and strategically. My instructors had experience that brought a real-world feel to the classes, and they helped me understand how I could apply classroom learnings in the workplace. Since graduating from the MBA program, I have become a better leader and manager within my organization.