Beware: Private companies may contact you with offers to help you with your student loans for a fee.
Remember, you never have to pay for help with your student loans. The U.S. Department of Education and their loan servicers will help you for free.
Call the FSA Loan Locator Line at 800-621-3115 or visit the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) at http://www.nslds.ed.gov/nslds_SA/ to view your student loan details and make sure you don’t accidentally lose track of them.
You are also welcome to check out these cool tools for managing your federal student loans:
- Loan servicer contact info: https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/understand/servicers#my-servicer
- Understanding repayment: http://studentaid.ed.gov/repay-loans/understand
- Repayment plan options: http://studentaid.ed.gov/repay-loans/understand/plans
- Loan consolidation: http://studentaid.ed.gov/repay-loans/consolidation
- Loan forgiveness, cancelation or discharge: http://studentaid.ed.gov/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation
- Postponing payments: http://studentaid.ed.gov/repay-loans/deferment-forbearance
- Understanding default: http://studentaid.ed.gov/repay-loans/default
- Resolving disputes: http://studentaid.ed.gov/repay-loans/disputes
To receive the best service possible, please make sure to update your contact information with Herzing University any time you change your mailing address or phone number!