Beware: Private companies may contact you with offers to help you with your student loans for a fee.
Remember, you never have to pay for help with your student loans. The U.S. Department of Education and their loan servicers will help you for free.
Call the FSA Loan Locator Line at 800-621-3115 or log in to your Federal Student Aid account at https://studentaid.gov/fsa-id/sign-in/landing and select “My Aid” from the drop-down beneath your name in the upper right corner to view your student loan servicers and other details and make sure you don’t accidentally lose track of them.
You are also welcome to check out these cool tools for managing your federal student loans:
- Loan servicer contact info: https://studentaid.gov/manage-loans/repayment/servicers#your-servicer
- Repayment plan options: https://studentaid.gov/manage-loans/repayment/plans
- Loan Simulator to choose best repayment plan for your situation: https://studentaid.gov/loan-simulator/
- Loan consolidation: https://studentaid.gov/loan-consolidation/
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness: https://studentaid.gov/pslf/
- Other kinds of loan forgiveness, cancellation or discharge: https://studentaid.gov/manage-loans/forgiveness-cancellation
- Postponing or suspending payments: https://studentaid.gov/manage-loans/lower-payments/get-temporary-relief
- Loan delinquency and default: https://studentaid.gov/manage-loans/default
- Resolving disputes: https://studentaid.gov/feedback-ombudsman/disputes
To receive the best service possible, please make sure to update your contact information with Herzing University any time you change your mailing address or phone number!