Need Help with Student Loan Repayment? Contact the Alumni Support Center!
A FREE service from Herzing University! Our Alumni Support Specialists will work to help federal student loan recipients successfully navigate the process of repaying their student loans. We do our best to:
- Get you on the best repayment plan for your situation
- Assist you in getting payment amounts lowered if they are too high
- Provide options for postponing payments if you become unable to make them
- Provide information so you can contact your lender or loan servicer
- Assist with appropriate loan consolidation, forgiveness and discharge
- Help resolve student loan default and reinstate eligibility for federal student aid
- Answer any questions you may have about student loan repayment
We are not here to judge any person or situation, but rather to promote your success!
Contact Alumni Support
Phone: 1-866-508-0748 x01353
Beware: Private companies may contact you with offers to help you with your student loans for a fee. Remember, you never have to pay for help with your student loans. The U.S. Department of Education and their loan servicers will help you for free. Check out their blog to learn more about avoiding paying for help with your student loans.
Additionally, check out this YouTube video message from Secretary of Education, John King regarding student loan help.
Many student loans are being moved to new servicing agencies; watch for mail from them to make sure you know where to make payments. Call the FSA Loan Locator Line at 800-621-3115 or visit the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) at http://www.nslds.ed.gov/nslds_SA/ to view your student loan details and make sure you don’t accidentally lose track of them.
Sallie Mae has recently split into two separate companies, Navient and Sallie Mae. Navient will handle all of the federal loan servicer responsibilities previously performed by Sallie Mae. For more information about the split: https://studentaid.ed.gov/about/announcements/sallie-mae
You are also welcome to check out these cool tools for managing your federal student loans:
- Loan servicer contact info: https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/understand/servicers#my-servicer
- Understanding repayment: http://studentaid.ed.gov/repay-loans/understand
- Repayment plan options: http://studentaid.ed.gov/repay-loans/understand/plans
- Loan consolidation: http://studentaid.ed.gov/repay-loans/consolidation
- Loan forgiveness, cancelation or discharge: http://studentaid.ed.gov/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation
- Postponing payments: http://studentaid.ed.gov/repay-loans/deferment-forbearance
- Understanding default: http://studentaid.ed.gov/repay-loans/default
- Resolving disputes: http://studentaid.ed.gov/repay-loans/disputes
To receive the best service possible, please make sure to update your contact information with Herzing University any time you change your mailing address or phone number!