Reach for your highest career goals in nursing
- No wait list!
- Program length: as few as 20-28 months depending on your chosen degree pathway
- 100% online coursework with a hands-on clinical component
- Herzing pledges your clinical placement
- Prepare to sit for the Nurse Executive-Board Certified (NE-BC) credentialing exam offered by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- Go from ADN to MSN in Nursing Leadership and Administration (NLA) in our accelerated RN to MSN program, or earn your BSN on the way in our RN to BSN to MSN-NLA track
Choose your path to go from RN to MSN-NLA
Earn your BSN on the way from RN to MSN in Nursing Leadership and Administration and graduate with your master’s degree in nursing.
- Curriculum built to help earn a BSN and MSN faster
- How long? 28 total months on average
- Earn a bachelor’s degree that is often required by employers
Bridge directly from an ADN to MSN in Nursing Leadership and Administration in the Herzing Accelerated RN to MSN program.
- Curriculum built to accelerate your MSN-NLA completion
- How long? As few as 20 months
- Ideal for nurses who are not required by their employer to hold a BSN
RN to MSN-NLA classes and curriculum details
Herzing’s RN to MSN curriculum provides students with the knowledge, skills and expertise to become nurse leaders in diverse healthcare and academic environments. Classes include foundational courses, core courses, specialty concentration courses and direct care and leadership courses.
All classes are delivered online with 180 required clinical hours as part of the MSN-NLA degree.
|Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) with a Concentration in Nursing Leadership and Administration - Accelerated RN-MSN (MSNNLAA)||20||52|
Your clinical placement is our pledge.
We understand securing clinical placement as part of an MSN-NLA program is one of the biggest concerns students face. At Herzing, we offer guidance and support through our step-by-step Clinical Guidance Process to ensure you can get the clinical practice experiences you need.
As a Herzing student, we’ll encourage you to find your own preceptor and clinical sites as there are many benefits to doing so. However, we provide extensive support should you find difficulty along the way. With Herzing, you are never on your own.
Because of our strong relationships with healthcare providers across the U.S. and our comprehensive Clinical Guidance Process, we are confident in our ability to help you find clinical placement. So much so that if you are unable to find a clinical site on your own, we pledge to step in and help you secure clinical placement.*
* Subject to terms and conditions outlined in the enrollment agreement.
RN to MSN-NLA program enrollment prerequisites
Enrollment requirements are the same whether you choose the accelerated RN to MSN-NLA or RN to BSN to MSN-NLA track. Prerequisites include:
- Live in a state where Herzing University is authorized to offer the RN to MSN program
- Hold a current, active and unrestricted license as a registered nurse (RN) in the same state in which they practice
- Hold an associate degree (ADN/ASN/AASN) or diploma in nursing from a nationally or regionally accredited college or university
- Participate in an interview to identify your goals and determine if the program is right for you
Your career options in nursing leadership & administration
Earning a master’s degree in nursing with a concentration in leadership and administration can position you for many types of roles in hospitals, long-term care facilities, private practices and more.
Duties typically span both strategic leadership and operational management, including:
- Setting and managing departmental budgets
- Defining policies and procedures
- Working with committees and boards to set goals for nursing staff
- Collaborate with community partners and internal stakeholders to strategically plan for the growth of an organization
- Recruiting, hiring and arranging professional development for nursing staff
- Coordinate with medical staff and represent the nursing department in meetings with other hospital or healthcare executives
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of medical and health services managers is expected to rise 18% from 2018-2028, much higher than the average of 5% across all U.S. occupations.
It’s an excellent time to begin working towards entering a field poised for significant growth.
How can I continue advancing my career? Nurse managers, executives and administrators may pursue additional credentials in a post-master’s certificate program. Herzing University offers post-master’s certificates in nursing education and Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP).
Accreditation & Disclosures
*The baccalaureate degree program in nursing and master's degree program in nursing at Herzing University - Madison are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org). Herzing University is approved to offer programs in an online learning modality through association with the main campus in Madison, Wisconsin.