Your inspiring new career IS possible
|Accreditation||ACEN accredited ASN program,1 CCNE accredited BSN program,2 Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission|
|Program length||16-28 months, depending on degree choice|
|Options||Choose an ASN or BSN degree pathway (CVT to ASN only available in Orlando and Tampa)|
|Transfer credit||Up to 52-90 approved credits|
|Format||Online general education classes + core on-campus courses - you may also choose to take the online BSN bridge option with 100% online didactic classwork|
Our bridge options are available at 7 ground campus locations, each offering extensive student resources and support as you pursue your nursing degree. Our BSN bridge option is also available online.
15895 W. Bluemound Road
Brookfield, WI 53005
View the Brookfield CVT to BSN curriculum.
5800 7th Ave
Kenosha, WI 53140
View the Kenosha CVT to BSN curriculum.
435 Ford Road
St. Louis Park, MN 55426
View the Minneapolis CVT to BSN curriculum.
100 Centerview Dr., Suite 100
Nashville, TN 37214
View the Nashville CVT to BSN curriculum.
1865 SR 436
Winter Park, FL 32792
View the Orlando CVT to ASN/BSN curriculums.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of registered nurse is expected to increase 6% from 2021-2031, about as fast as the average across all U.S. occupations.*
Registered nurses earn an average salary of $82,750 per year ($39.78 per hour). That represents a raise for the average cardiovascular technician/technologist in the US ($62,020 per year, $29.82 per hour).
You can take a big step forward in your nursing career by becoming an registered nurse.
Going from CVT to RN
Transitioning from cardiovascular technologist to RN means expanding on your medical-based cardiovascular education into the more holistically-focused field of nursing.
As a registered nurse, you’ll be the backbone of day-to-day operations in many healthcare settings. Your duties can include:
- Develop and direct treatment plans
- Counsel patients and family members
- Ensure patient comfort
- Serve as the key connection between doctors and patients
Registered Nurse ranks as the #8 Best Healthcare Job for 2023 according to U.S. News & World Report.
Can I specialize? While a nursing degree curriculum can introduce a wider spectrum of course topics, RNs can specialize in an area of their choosing with enough education and experience. You may be able to use your experience as a CVT to help become a cardiac nurse in the future.
Accreditations & Disclosures
1. Associate of Science in Nursing: The Associate of Science in Nursing program and the Associate of Science in Nursing-Bridge to ASN program at the Tampa location has an accredited status with the Florida Board of Nursing (4042 Bald Cypress Way, Tallahassee, Florida, 32399-3252, 850-245-4125, www.floridasnursing.gov). Consequently, graduates are eligible to sit for the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCLEX-RN) licensing exam upon successful completion of the program. Passing this exam allows graduates to apply to the State Board of Nursing for licensure as a registered nurse.
The Associate of Science in Nursing program at Herzing University located in Orlando, Florida is accredited by the: Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), 3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400 Atlanta, GA 30326, (404) 975-5000. The most recent accreditation decision made by the ACEN Board of Commissioners for the Associate of Science in Nursing program is Continuing Accreditation. View the public information disclosed by the ACEN regarding this program at http://www.acenursing.com/accreditedprograms/programsearch.htm. Herzing University Tampa is included within the scope of this accreditation as an off-campus instructional site.
2. The baccalaureate degree programs in nursing at Herzing University Brookfield, Kenosha, Madison, Minneapolis, and Orlando are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org). This accreditation includes the baccalaureate degree program offered at the satellite Herzing University Tampa location. Herzing University is approved to offer programs in an online learning modality through association with the main campus in Madison, Wisconsin.
Herzing University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
* Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook 2021. BLS estimates do not represent entry-level wages and/or salaries. Multiple factors, including prior experience, age, geography market in which you want to work and degree field, will affect career outcomes and earnings. Herzing neither represents that its graduates will earn the average salaries calculated by BLS for a particular job nor guarantees that graduation from its program will result in a job, promotion, salary increase or other career growth.