Overview: CVT to ASN/BSN Degree Options
The CVT to RN pathway includes associate and bachelor's degree in nursing program options which prepare you for a career as a registered nurse. Each program provides students with fundamental knowledge and skills in the nursing process, health assessment, managing care, evidence-based practice, and much more.
Discover the crucial knowledge and skills required to succeed in your work and build a foundation for continued career growth.
We work hard to help you maintain school-life balance, striving to be as flexible as possible for busy non-traditional students.
Get face-to-face instruction from experienced and credentialed faculty with real-world success in the field.
We support your ongoing career advancement by providing comprehensive, personalized student services with lifelong career coaching.
No application deadlines to worry about. Apply when you’re ready and prepare to get started soon.
Classes Start January 8th
Learn More Today
Choose your career pathway with Herzing
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of registered nurse is expected to increase 6% from 2022-2032.*
Registered nurses earn an average salary of $89,010 per year ($42.80 per hour). That represents a raise for the average cardiovascular technician/technologist in the US ($65,490 per year, $31.49 per hour).
You can take a big step forward in your nursing career by becoming an registered nurse.
Going from CVT to RN
Transitioning from cardiovascular technologist to RN means expanding on your medical-based cardiovascular education into the more holistically-focused field of nursing.
As a registered nurse, you’ll be the backbone of day-to-day operations in many healthcare settings. Your duties can include:
- Develop and direct treatment plans
- Counsel patients and family members
- Ensure patient comfort
- Serve as the key connection between doctors and patients
Registered Nurse ranks as the #8 Best Healthcare Job for 2023 according to U.S. News & World Report.
Can I specialize? While a nursing degree curriculum can introduce a wider spectrum of course topics, RNs can specialize in an area of their choosing with enough education and experience. You may be able to use your experience as a CVT to help become a cardiac nurse in the future.
Accreditations & Disclosures
1. The baccalaureate degree programs in nursing at Herzing University Brookfield, Kenosha, Madison, Minneapolis, and Orlando are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org). This accreditation includes the baccalaureate degree program offered at the satellite Herzing University Tampa location. Herzing University is approved to offer programs in an online learning modality through association with the main campus in Madison, Wisconsin.
Herzing University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
* Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook 2022. BLS estimates do not represent entry-level wages and/or salaries. Multiple factors, including prior experience, age, geography market in which you want to work and degree field, will affect career outcomes and earnings. Herzing neither represents that its graduates will earn the average salaries calculated by BLS for a particular job nor guarantees that graduation from its program will result in a job, promotion, salary increase or other career growth.