Unique accelerated nursing pathways
Beyond the standard 3-year accelerated option, we also offer unique accelerated bachelor’s and master’s degree pathways in nursing.
Our ground campus-only Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) option is designed for those who have already earned a non-nursing bachelor’s degree. You can potentially finish the program in 20-24 months depending on the science prerequisites you’ve completed.
Current working RNs who have earned an associate degree may consider our Accelerated RN to MSN program. Depending on the concentration you choose, you can also potentially complete this program in 20-24 months.
How dual enrollment works
Undergraduate students within 36 semester credit hours of graduation from a bachelor’s program may take up to four MBA program courses (12 semester credit hours).
The course(s) may be applied at the undergraduate level as electives or as course substitutions (with the approval of the academic dean).
If the student is later accepted into the Herzing MBA program, the course and grade will be applied to the MBA program.
Course(s) will be graded according to the graduate grading scale. To be eligible, students must have a minimum undergraduate grade point average of 2.70 at the time of registration.
Combined BS + Dual MBA requirements
Students who meet the criteria below can complete both their bachelor’s degree and MBA degree in four years (12 semesters total).
- Complete a Herzing University bachelor’s degree in three years (nine semesters) under the Three-Year Bachelor of Science Degree program.
- Successfully complete 12 semester credit hours of graduate study as an undergraduate student.
- Meet the admissions requirements of the MBA program in the Herzing University Graduate Catalog.
- Enroll full-time in the MBA program (at least 9 semester credit hours) each semester while in the MBA program.
- Meet the graduate satisfactory progress and graduation requirements outlined in the Herzing University Graduate Catalog.
Frequently Asked Questions
Herzing University has no requirement for how much you can or can’t work during nursing school. Many ABSN program students work part-time while pursuing their ABSN coursework and clinicals. However, we recommend prioritizing your education as much as you can afford. The accelerated BSN program is very demanding and our priority is for you is to be successful.
No, we do not offer any “accelerated” programs at these degree levels. However, you can potentially transfer prior college credit earned to shorten how long these programs take to complete.
If you’re considering a second career as a nurse but concerned about the workload in an accelerated program, there are several other paths you can take:
- You can first become a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN). In 1 year you can earn a diploma in Practical Nursing and become an LPN. From there you can determine if you want to become a registered nurse.
- Get an associate’s degree and become an RN. You can earn your associate degree in nursing and become a registered nurse in 20 months—this is the quickest way to become an RN outside of an accelerated program.
- A traditional BSN program. Enroll in our 3-year bachelor’s of science in nursing program, earn your degree and become a highly qualified registered nurse. You can choose an on-campus program or our online BSN program.
It’s our goal to help you succeed in your second career. We’ll work with you to determine the best fit.
You can expect fast-paced learning with no traditional breaks over the course of the program.
Surviving nursing school takes hard work and commitment. However, starting a new career is never easy—and a demanding profession requires demanding training.
It’s a challenge just like any other bachelor’s degree program – but compressed into a shorter window it can feel much more demanding. Rest assured you’ll have strong support every step of the way from Herzing faculty, staff and your fellow students to ensure you remain on track.
No, we do not currently offer any single-program offerings labeled as “dual degree.” However, you can potentially combine multiple focus areas and degree levels to create pathways that make the most sense for your career goals.
Students who wish to complete two or more degrees at the same degree level (i.e., a second bachelor’s degree after completing their first bachelor’s degree at Herzing University) can do so by completing all of the degree requirements for each subsequent degree, including at least 15 semester credit hours of coursework not applied to their previous Herzing University degree(s).
Yes! If you’re fully committed to a new career in nursing, an accelerated BSN program is the fast track to earning your degree and getting a job with high earning potential as soon as possible.