Go from RT to RN with Herzing University
- CCNE accredited BSN program1
- Offered at two locations in Florida: Orlando and Tampa
- Online general education classes + core on-campus courses
- Choose an ASN or BSN degree pathway (RT to BSN only in Tampa)
- Typical program length: 18-32 months
- Advance your nursing career: earn dual credit towards a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) by enrolling in our Bridge to BSN option
Questions? Speak with an advisor today
Your new inspiring career path awaits
Current respiratory therapists seeking to expand their scope of practice in patient care may consider nursing as a viable new career path. Registered nurses can potentially contribute to many types of medical care, offering RTs a chance to either focus their specialization as a respiratory nurse or branch into new types of care.
RNs are the backbone of patient care in all sorts of medical facilities as the key connection between patients and doctors, playing a role in recording and updating medical information, administering medication, consulting with other staff, and serving as a strong advocate for the patient’s interests.
After earning an associate or bachelor’s degree in nursing, you will be eligible to sit for the NCLEX-RN exam, pass the Board of Nursing requirements in your state and become a registered nurse.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), employment of registered nurses is expected to increase 7% from 2019-2029, faster than the average across all U.S. occupations.*
Now is an excellent time to join a growing career field with many possibilities for continued career advancement. Earn a nursing degree and become highly qualified for entry-level job opportunities.
Accreditations & Disclosures
1. The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at Herzing University Orlando is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org). This accreditation includes the baccalaureate degree program offered at the satellite Herzing University Tampa location.
* Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook 2020. BLS estimates do not represent entry-level wages and/or salaries. Multiple factors, including prior experience, age, geography market in which you want to work and degree field, will affect career outcomes and earnings. Herzing neither represents that its graduates will earn the average salaries calculated by BLS for a particular job nor guarantees that graduation from its program will result in a job, promotion, salary increase or other career growth.