Take your first step towards a career in nursing with Herzing
- Typical program length: 16 months
- Improve your GPA to qualify for nursing school
- All courses can be completed online
- Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission
- Tuition: $590 per credit
- Available at 7 campus locations
- Upon successful completion of this program, students may secure a spot in the next available BSN cohort
Classes & curriculum details
This program allows students to build foundational knowledge to prepare for a pre-licensure bachelor’s degree in nursing program. General studies courses promote critical thinking and problem solving through several course offerings, including microbiology, psychology, nutrition, anatomy and physiology, and more.
All classes are delivered online with a balanced mix of labs and lectures to best prepare you to advance your education into a bachelor's degree program.
|Associate of Science in General Studies - Pre-Nursing||60||16|
All courses, 58.00 semester credit hours, are required.
The following courses must be completed with a grade of "B" (80%) or better. Only two attempts are permitted for each course and a student who fails to successfully complete in the maximum attempts will be ineligible for enrollment in the nursing programs.
In addition, BSN students enrolled in the Atlanta Campus are also required to complete the following courses with a "B" (80%) or better:
Required Courses in General Education
The University's general education requirement is met through the required courses in this program.
Personal and Professional Development Courses
2.00 semester credit hours are required.
Prerequisites to enroll in the Herzing University Associate of Science in General Studies – Pre-Nursing program include:
- A high school or college grade point average (GPA) of 2.25 or higher.
- Achieve at least a composite score of 51 on the most current version of the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS); TEAS score must be from within three years of anticipated date of matriculation.
Upon successful completion of this program, students may secure a spot in the next available BSN cohort.
Position yourself to join a rewarding career path
Completing the Herzing pre-nursing program positions you to qualify to enroll in a pre-licensure BSN program and earn the education you need to become a Registered Nurse (RN). Registered nurse represents an excellent option for those seeking a good long-term career and make a real difference.
RNs are crucial contributors in hospitals and other patient care facilities, responsible for helping develop and direct patient plans and serve as the key connection between patients and doctors. They can specialize in many different types of care, including:
Job outlook: According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), employment of registered nurses is expected to rise 7% from 2019-2029, much faster than the 4% projection across all U.S. occupations.*
You cannot become an RN with only an Associate of Science in General Studies – Pre-Nursing. You will need to complete the degree, go on to earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing, pass the NCLEX-RN exam and meet your state's Board of Nursing requirements to officially become an RN.
Students interested in getting the fastest start in the nursing field can also consider a diploma in practical nursing program (minimum GPA requirement of 2.0) to become a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN).
Associate of Science in General Studies - Pre-Nursing Degree Programs
Showing 1 programs for the Online campus
To learn more about this program, click the Request Info button to the right.
Ready to get started?
Contact us to request more information
Accreditation & Disclosure
Herzing University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
* Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook 2020. BLS estimates do not represent entry-level wages and/or salaries. Multiple factors, including prior experience, age, geography market in which you want to work and degree field, will affect career outcomes and earnings. Herzing neither represents that its graduates will earn the average salaries calculated by BLS for a particular job nor guarantees that graduation from its program will result in a job, promotion, salary increase or other career growth.