Dental assistant diploma program classes & curriculum details
Our CODA accredited1 curriculum prepares you provide chairside assisting, take radiographs, polish teeth, take impressions, maintain treatment records, and much more.
We offer a career-focused education to provide you with the knowledge and skills needed to succeed right from the start as a dental assistant.
|Diploma in Dental Assisting||16||47|
All courses, 45.00 semester credit hours, are required.
Required Courses in General Education
Students enrolled in this associate degree must complete a minimum of 21.00 semester credit hours in general education distributed among the following disciplines. Refer to the General Education section of the catalog for Herzing University courses that would satisfy these requirements. * 9.00 Semester Credit Hours in Communication 3.00 Semester Credit Hours in Humanities (must include 3 semester credit hours of cultural diversity) 3.00 Semester Credit Hours in Mathematics 3.00 Semester Credit Hours in Social or Behavioral Science 3.00 Semester Credit Hours in Science * Transfer students may transfer courses that are within 1.00 semester credit hour of the courses listed above to meet these discipline requirements. Any resulting deficiency in the total of 21.00 semester credit hours required in general education may be made up with general education electives from any of the listed disciplines.
Personal and Professional Development Courses
2.00 semester credit hours are required.
16 months | 47 credits
$441 per credit
You are worth it.
*When student accepts awarded scholarship.
Tuition & Cost
With Herzing University, an affordable, career-focused education in dental assisting is within your reach. We are always striving to make college more affordable for everyone.
Opportunities for financial aid include:
Dental assisting program enrollment requirements
Prerequisites to enroll in the Herzing University Dental Assisting diploma program include:
- Completion of a high school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Meet and interview with a Herzing University admissions advisor
- Complete an enrollment application
Diploma in Dental Assisting Degree Programs
Showing 1 programs for the Online campus
The goal of the dental assisting program is to train the student to become a productive member of the dental health team. This includes preparing the student for a variety of duties performed by the dental assistant in the contemporary dental office, including chairside assisting, laboratory procedures, administrative duties, and expanded functions. Our ultimate goal is to prepare students to successfully gain entry-level employment as a dental assistant.
Ready to get started?
Contact us to request more information
Accreditation & Disclosures
Accreditation & Disclosures
1. The Associate of Applied Science in Dental Assisting and the Diploma in Dental Assisting programs are accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation. The Commission is a specialized accrediting body recognized by the United States Department of Education. The Commission on Dental Accreditation can be contacted at (312) 440-4653 or at 211 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611-2678. The Commission's web address is: http://www.ada.org/en/coda. Consequently, graduates are eligible to take the examinations leading to certified dental assistant (CDA®) certification through the Dental Assisting National Board (DANB).
Herzing University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
* Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook 2020. BLS estimates do not represent entry-level wages and/or salaries. Multiple factors, including prior experience, age, geography market in which you want to work and degree field, will affect career outcomes and earnings. Herzing neither represents that its graduates will earn the average salaries calculated by BLS for a particular job nor guarantees that graduation from its program will result in a job, promotion, salary increase or other career growth.