Be the boss. Bring your ideas to life. Start your own business.
Earn your Bachelor of Science in Entrepreneurship
If you possess an entrepreneurial spirit, you may be on your way to creating your own self-made success story. More than 250 members of the Forbes 400 richest people in America have done just that.
People like Bill Gates (Microsoft), Jeff Bezos (Amazon), Phil Knight (Nike) and many others started with a good idea - and then worked hard to make it happen. Consider Mark Zuckerberg - he launched Facebook in his dorm room!
A bachelor's degree in entrepreneurship from Herzing University provides you with the analytical, problem-solving, management and leadership skills that can help you be prepared for the competitive marketplace. The next great company could be yours - Herzing can help you get there.
Classes Start November 1st
Learn More Today
Entrepreneurship Degree Program Information
As a Herzing University Entrepreneurship student, you'll develop the skills to help you start a small business, expand an existing one, bring your ideas to market, or work for a start-up you've long admired. This includes creating comprehensive business and marketing plans, the leadership of employees, and management of finances. You'll also have the skills to develop comprehensive business plans with well-constructed financial and marketing components.
|Bachelor of Science in Entrepreneurship||36||122|
Required Management Core Courses
All courses, 36.00 semester credit hours, are required.
or BU 600 Leadership and Organizational Behavior 3.00 semester credit hours
or BU 630 Project and Operations Management 3.00 semester credit hours
Required Courses in Entrepreneurship
All courses, 33.00 semester credit hours, are required.
Business Elective Courses
A minimum of 3.00 semester credit hours is required. Students may take any business, accounting, human resources, or economics course. Students who are qualified to take dual-credit courses may also take approved graduate courses.
A minimum of 9.00 semester credit hours of open electives is required.
Required Capstone or Internship
3.00 semester credit hours are required.
Required Courses in General Education
Students enrolled in this bachelor's degree must complete a minimum of 36.00 semester credit hours in general education distributed among the following disciplines. Refer to the General Education section of the catalog for specific information about courses within each discipline. 12.00 Semester Credit Hours in Communications 9.00 Semester Credit Hours in Humanities (must include 3 semester credit hours of cultural diversity) 6.00 Semester Credit Hours in Mathematics 3.00 Semester Credit Hours in Science 6.00 Semester Credit Hours in Social and Behavioral Sciences
Personal and Professional Development Courses
A minimum of 2.00 semester credit hours is required.
36 months | 122 credits
$441 per credit
You are worth it.
*When student accepts awarded scholarship.
Tuition & Cost
With Herzing University, an affordable, career-focused education in entrepreneurship is within your reach. We are always striving to make college more affordable for everyone.
Opportunities for financial aid include:
Cybersecurity bachelor’s degree program enrollment requirements
Prerequisites to enroll in the Herzing University Cybersecurity bachelor’s degree program include:
- Completed high school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Meet and interview with a Herzing University admissions advisor
- Complete an enrollment application
Career paths exist in all areas of business
There are a wide assortment of career paths in business.
With your bachelor's degree in Entrepreneurship from Herzing University, you’ll have a host of career options at your fingertips. Whether you come in with existing work experience and want to become your own boss, or have a desire to bring your unique skills or ideas to the world’s stage, Herzing can help prepare you for your new future role.
Proper planning, preparation and management of your business and ideas is key. Herzing is here to guide you as you enter this high-risk and high-reward field. Even if you decide not to start your own business, the Entrepreneurship degree will give you a solid foundation to begin a career in a variety of business areas. These include:
Frequently Asked Questions
Regardless of your background, a business degree provides you with the analytical, problem solving, management and leadership skills that can help a student be competitive in today and tomorrow's competitive business marketplace.
Yes, the Herzing University business program is accredited.
The Business Division at Herzing University has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA. For a list of accredited programs please refer to our IACBE member status page.
Please let us know if you have any other questions about our business program.
Herzing's business program is different because it is focused on leadership development according to what has been identified by employers in the global market.
Specifically Herzing's business program offers:
- Practical Experience - Students will gain practical experience, understanding the impact of a Changing Global Economy even at the local "mom & pop" level; importance of Leveraging Technology and information to make decisions; and the key skills of Professionalism & Teamwork that are essential to leadership and management.
- Industry Certifications - Graduates will earn more than a degree, they will have the opportunity to earn sought-after industry certifications.
- Up-to-Two Concentrations - Students in the MBA program have the option to enhance their academic experience by completing up-to-two concentrations.
- Dual Credit - Students in the undergraduate program can get a "jump start" on a MBA at the same time. Up-to 12 graduate credits could be taken while still an undergraduate and applied toward both degrees, thereby saving both money and time.
- Transfer Friendly - Students with an associate degree from an accredited institution like a Community College can receive up-to 60 credits toward a Herzing Bachelor's degree, and in some instances may receive more. DEGREE UP students are provided with the opportunity to transfer in additional credits earned after completing an associate degree. Herzing will review all transcripts a student may have, as there is an ability to transfer up-to 75% of their previous credit load toward their Herzing program, thereby saving them time and money.
Program length can vary depending upon degree level, number of concentrations, course load and credits transferred, as well as class schedule.
Associate degree program is 4-semesters and can be completed in two (2) years with a full-time schedule.
Bachelor's degree program is 9 semesters and depending upon transfer credits, can be completed as a full-time student in three (3) years.
- When transferring in a Herzing Associate degree: the Bachelor's program can be completed in 4-semesters or 2-years.
- Students with an associate degree from an accredited institution like a Community College can receive up-to 60 credits toward a Herzing Bachelor's degree saving them time and money.
Graduate degree is a 3-semester program and a student can transfer in up-to 9 credit hours.
Herzing's MBA programs can begin with a "business level-setting" course. If you do not have a business degree or years of business experience, you will begin with a fundamentals course that gives you an overview of all the important business disciplines. Additionally, Herzing offers tutors and academic support resources both on-campus and through Herzing Online.
Bachelor's Degree Program Available Certification and Prep-to-sit for Certifications:
|Certification||Method to Earn|
|SHRM Certified Professional||Human Resources Concentration prepares students to sit for the exam|
|CAPM Certification||Course BU345 (Project Management) prepares students to sit for the exam|
|QuickBooks Certified User||Course AC335 (Computerized Accounting) prepares students to sit for the exam|
|Entrepreneurship Certificate||Complete course B234 (Entrepreneurship)|
|Six Sigma Yellow Belt||Complete course BU421 (Operations Management)|
MBA Degree Program Available Certification and Prep-to-sit for Certifications:
|Certification||Method to Earn|
|Associate Certified Analytics Professional (aCAP)||Data Analytics Concentration prepares students to sit for the exam|
|CMA Certification||Finance & Accounting Concentration prepares students to sit for the exam|
|PMP Certification||Project Management Concentration prepares students to sit for the exam|
|PMI-PBA Certification||Project Management Concentration prepares students to sit for the exam|
Concentrations enable a student to customize their business acumen to their career goals, differentiating them in the workforce with specialized knowledge.
Herzing currently offers the following MBA program concentrations:
Entrepreneurship Degree Programs
Showing 1 programs for the Online campus
This bachelor's degree is designed to provide an understanding of the roles and responsibilities, functions, and challenges of today's entrepreneurs. Students will take classes to increase their knowledge and understanding of the importance of entrepreneurial law, social responsibility, product development, and innovation. The goal of the program is to provide students with the basic knowledge and skills necessary to start a small business or develop an existing business upon graduation. By the end of the program, students should be able to develop a comprehensive business plan, which includes a well-constructed financial and marketing component.
Ready to get started?
Contact us to request more information
Accreditation & Disclosure
1. The Business Division at Herzing University has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA. For a list of accredited programs please refer to our IACBE member status page.
Herzing University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.