Earn an MBA in IT Management and become possible
- IACBE accredited1
- Earn your MBA online or at select campus locations - full time or part-time
- Program length: 20 months when attending full-time
- No GMAT/GRE required for admissions!
- 33 and 36 credit options; transfer up to 9-12 approved semester credit hours
Earn an MBA in IT management in less than 2 years
Take a big step towards reaching your highest career goals. The Herzing University MBA in Technology Management program is designed to help career-focused business professionals earn a Master of Business Administration and walk a truly unique career path.
If you have a background in information technology and are interested in seeking an advanced position or future leadership role, our MBA in technology management degree program can help you get there.
This is a fundamental leadership degree that can help you advance your career in IT or help you leverage your career toward the business of technology.
- Learn online in Herzing’s Everywhere Classroom: at your own pace, on your schedule
- Solutions-based curriculum with real-world scenarios to help you make strategic decisions, especially those involving technology
- Business concept “leveling” courses to prepare you for more complex concepts that come later in coursework
- Pathways to continue your education in a post-master’s certificate program with multiple options for specialization
With Herzing University your successful career in business and technology IS possible. We exist to help you go back to school and get the education you need to reach the top of your field.
Classes Start August 9th
Learn More Today
IT Management MBA program classes & curriculum details
Herzing University's MBA in Technology Management degree program will prepare you with the necessary skills and academic knowledge for management positions in various business enterprises, with a concentration of courses in technology management.
Application of theory to practice is emphasized throughout the program. Course topics include technology and innovation, marketing, finance, business integration, planning, operations management, IT security, and human resources, among many others. Upon completing this program, you will be prepared to evaluate alternative solutions to complex technology management challenges.
Earn your MBA online, with at least partial class availability offered at our Atlanta campus.
|Master of Business Administration in Technology Management||20||33-36|
Program availability varies by location
Required Foundation Course(s) 3-6 Semester Credit Hours
* Only required for students who do not have an undergraduate degree in Business, a closely related discipline or its international equivalent.
Required Core MBA Courses - 21 Semester Credit Hours
Additional Required Technology Management Concentration Courses
A minimum of 9.00 semester credit hours is required.
Course prerequisites may be waived if the student has prior equivalent coursework or the approval of the Graduate Dean.
Dual Concentration Option
To help you build a solid foundation of leadership, problem-solving and project management skills, Herzing’s MBA program allows you to tailor your degree to match your career goals. Choose to exclusively earn your MBA in Technology Management or pair this concentration with another concentration area to further distinguish yourself. The dual concentration option requires 42-45 credits for graduation.
IT Management MBA program enrollment requirements
Enrollment prerequisites to enroll in Herzing’s MBA program include:
- Completed bachelor’s or graduate degree from a college or university accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or have completed a three or four year bachelor’s degree at a foreign college or university recognized as equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree by an approved foreign credential evaluator.
- Meet and interview with a Herzing admissions advisor
- Complete an application form
No minimum GMAT/GRE score is required for admission!
What can I do with an MBA in IT Management?
A master’s in business administration degree (MBA) can help prepare you for professional management roles within a variety of business disciplines. An MBA in IT management can help prepare you for leadership roles in the business world, as well as the technology field.
Potential careers in IT management for MBA holders include:
- Information Technology (IT) Manager
- Information Systems Security Manager
- IT Project Manager
- Product Manager
- Senior Data Analyst
- Software Project Manager
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of computer and information systems managers is expected to rise 10% from 2019-2029, faster than the average across all U.S. occupations.*
Now is a good time to begin earning the education you need to compete for jobs in a growing field.
How can I continue advancing my career? After earning an MBA you may continue your education and augment your skills by enrolling in a post-master’s certificate program. Herzing offers several postgraduate certificate programs in business, with available concentrations in project management, human resources, healthcare management and accounting & finance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Both MBA and MS IT Management degrees focus on technology and innovation. However, the MBA coursework is designed to develop skills required for business and management careers, as well as technology.
A Master of Science in IT Management has a greater focus on the science of technology and growing IT-related skills. The curriculum for both degrees may overlap somewhat depending on the program, but both also offer unique benefits.
An MBA with a concentration in IT management helps you develop the business and management skills to thrive in many types of unique environments.
Compare MBA vs. master's degree programs and gain a better understanding of what educational path is right for you.
There are many benefits to earning an MBA. An MBA in technology management can help prepare you for a variety of jobs in many industries including software development, banking, healthcare, government, schools and more. The technology field continues to expand, offering new career opportunities. In addition, the business foundation of an MBA can help you feel confident leading individuals and teams.
If you enjoy both the business world and IT and want to develop your leadership skills, an MBA in technology management could be a great fit.
Technology management professionals, such as IT managers, help organizations assess and implement short and long-term tech needs. This can include software, hardware, and telecommunications. They provide executive guidance on how to best use technology to help business operations run efficiently.
While technology managers possess the expertise to carry out specific IT-related tasks, they generally delegate these tasks and focus on supervision and larger initiatives.
Projects IT managers may oversee include:
- Data security
- Hardware and software upgrades
- Vendor selection and negotiation
To earn your MBA in IT management degree, you’ll take a combination of business and IT-focused classes. Specific course topics include:
- Business Integration and Strategic Planning
- Information Security and Privacy
- Leadership and Organizational Behavior
- Marketing and New Product Development
- Technology and Innovation
- …and many others
According to 2020 data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average salary for computer and information management systems managers was $77.76 per hour, or $161,730 per year.*
Earning a graduate degree can help improve your job prospects or help you to qualify for a higher salary. Discover how much an IT manager makes by state.
To determine which MBA focus is right for you, consider:
- Your greatest strengths
- If you are a "big picture" person or love details
- Your leadership style
- Your career goals
- What career paths most interest you.
Take our quiz and find out what kind of MBA specialization is perfect for you!
MBA - Technology Management Degree Programs
Showing 1 programs for the Online campus
This program prepares an existing or emerging organizational or team leader with the necessary skills and academic knowledge for management positions in various business enterprises. These career opportunities may be in areas such as accounting, finance, business administration, sales, marketing, human resources, information systems, project management, production and operations. Application of theory to practice is emphasized through a problem-based/solutions-based curriculum, grounded in a framework of ethical leadership and global competition.
Ready to get started?
Contact us to request more information
Accreditation & Disclosures
1. The Business Division at Herzing University has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA. For a list of accredited programs please refer to our IACBE member status page.
- Download the IACBE Public Disclosure of Student Achievement
- View Herzing University Accreditation and Approvals
Not all programs approved in all states.
* Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook 2020. BLS estimates do not represent entry-level wages and/or salaries. Multiple factors, including prior experience, age, geography market in which you want to work and degree field, will affect career outcomes and earnings. Herzing neither represents that its graduates will earn the average salaries calculated by BLS for a particular job nor guarantees that graduation from its program will result in a job, promotion, salary increase or other career growth.