Earn a software developer degree and become possible.
Become indispensable in a modern business environment increasingly dependent on the maintenance and innovation of web and mobile applications.
Software Developer Ranked #1 Best Technology Jobs of 2021 by U.S. News & World Report
Learn to code, build your skills in application and systems software development and build a foundation to continue forging the career path of your choice.
Additional program highlights
- Courses designed for beginners; no coding experience required
- Bachelor’s degree program includes topics in software engineering
- Prepare for several industry certifications
- Our academic alliances offer discounted certification exams & free computer software
- Access virtual environments remotely for real, practical experience
Classes Start November 29th
Learn More Today
Follow your career pathway with Herzing
What can I do with a degree?
Upon earning a degree in software development from Herzing University, you’ll be prepared for many types of different jobs in software development.
Potential job titles include:
- Application software developer
- Systems software developer
- Software quality assurance engineer/tester
- Web developer
- Computer systems analyst
As you learn more about the fundamentals of coding and get comfortable with different programming languages you’ll get a feel for what you do best.
With a degree in software development you may find opportunities creating websites, designing video games, developing mobile apps, building business applications and much more. Our program is designed to empower you to find the job that’s perfect for you.
Software Development Degree Programs
Showing 2 programs for the Online campus
This program prepares students for a broad range of positions in the computing field, with particular emphases placed on software development. Foundational skills taught include programming logic, object-oriented programming, applications development, including web and mobile application fundamentals, database applications, security concepts, and network and computer architecture fundamentals. Advanced skills include software application design, systems analysis and design, software testing, and business analysis.
Students will have the opportunity to complete their studies through a selection of elective coursework that deepens their understanding of information technology and software development techniques, as well business management concepts.
This program prepares students for entry-level positions in the computing field, with particular emphases placed on software development. Skills taught include programming logic, object-oriented programming, applications development, including web and mobile application fundamentals, database applications, security concepts, and network and computer architecture fundamentals. Graduates of this program may continue on to a bachelor's degree in software development.
Ready to get started?
Contact us to request more information
Accreditation & Disclosure
Herzing University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
* Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook 2020. BLS estimates do not represent entry-level wages and/or salaries. Multiple factors, including prior experience, age, geography market in which you want to work and degree field, will affect career outcomes and earnings. Herzing neither represents that its graduates will earn the average salaries calculated by BLS for a particular job nor guarantees that graduation from its program will result in a job, promotion, salary increase or other career growth.