Transfer of Credit

Transfer of Credits to Other Colleges and Universities

The decision to accept credit from another institution is entirely at the discretion of the receiving institution. Students should check with the school to which they desire to transfer to regarding the credits they may transfer. In the absence of an articulation agreement between Herzing University and another institution, no one at Herzing University can represent that specific credits will transfer anywhere. A list of the institutions with whom Herzing University has articulation agreements is available from the administrative office of the University and on the Herzing Website at

Transfer of Credit from Other Colleges or Universities

Applicants desiring to transfer credit to Herzing University for courses taken at other colleges or universities must have official transcripts sent to Herzing University from those colleges/universities. It is best if Herzing University receives official transcripts before class starts so that proper schedules can be prepared. For new students, this is typically done during the admission process prior to the beginning of the first term of enrollment but should be completed by the end of the first eight weeks of enrollment or re-enrollment. Students reentering or reenrolling after a break in attendance with Herzing University who wish to have courses taken during the break evaluated for transfer should submit their official transcripts prior to the end of the first eight weeks of reentry or re-enrollment. While enrolled at Herzing University, students are expected to take all their courses at Herzing University unless otherwise authorized in advance by the Academic Dean.

To receive credit for any college or university course taken elsewhere, all of the following apply:

  1. The course for which credit is being sought must have been taken at an accredited college or university recognized by the United States Department of Education or a foreign college or university that is equivalent to an accredited U.S. postsecondary institution.
  2. The course must be comparable to the course at Herzing University for which transfer credits are being sought.
  3. The student must have earned a grade of at least a “C” or better in the course; unless specific programmatic course requirements call for a C+ (76%) passing grade. If a C+ is required to pass the course in which transfer credit is being evaluated the minimum requirement for transferability of this course is a C+ (76%).
  4. The proper authorities at Herzing University must receive the official transcript directly from the other institution. A catalog or official description of the course from the previous college/university may also be required. As always, the acceptance of transfer credit is entirely at the discretion of the receiving college/university. In addition to the grade received, the length of time since the course was taken may be considered in certain course areas, to ensure that the content is still applicable.

More information about credit for prior learning is also available on the website at or in the academic catalogs published on the resources page: