Advancing to RN-BSN with Herzing IS possible
- Complete the program in less than 1 year (often in 10 months!)
- Take classes on-campus in Orlando Florida
- True hybrid program – general education courses may be completed online
- Rolling admissions in 8-week terms
- Attend your graduation ceremony in Orlando!
The Orlando campus RN to BSN concept-based curriculum is built for students in Florida who thrive in a live, hands-on learning environment with a personal touch.
There are three main components to our accredited hybrid RN-BSN nursing program based in Orlando, Florida:
- On-campus. Come to our Orlando campus 1 day a week to complete in-person nursing classes.
- Online. You may complete your general education prerequisites online.
- Clinicals. The clinical component includes a community clinical and leadership clinical.
If you’re interested in the fully online RN to BSN program, you can view a breakdown of the curriculum and program requirements here.
Earn dual credit towards your master’s degree
Upon enrollment you may elect an option to earn credit towards a master of science in nursing (MSN). Qualifying students may be eligible to complete two graduate-level courses to get a head start on earning their MSN. We offer three specialty MSN tracks:
- Online Family Nurse Practitioner Program (MSN-FNP)
- Online Nurse Educator Program (MSN-NE)
- Online Nursing Leadership & Administration Program (MSN-NLA)
Prerequisites for the Herzing University RN to BSN bridge program in Orlando include:
- Hold a current, unrestricted license as a registered nurse (RN) in the state of Florida. Enrolled students must maintain RN licensure throughout the program.
- Hold an Associate degree or diploma in nursing from a nationally or regionally accredited college or university.
Conditional admission may be available for those that are awaiting the date to take the National Council Licensing Exam (NCLEX).
Graduation requirement: A minimum of 120.00 semester credit hours is required for graduation (including transfer credit). Please see the course sheet for a detailed breakdown of required courses.
Questions? Speak with an advisor today
We do require clinicals to complete the program and graduate, but it’s nothing like a standard ADN program. Our on-campus RN to BSN program in Orlando features two clinicals: a community clinical and leadership clinical.
This 45-hour clinical requirement emphasizes your impact in the community. You will identify a community need and work with a community liaison (not preceptor) to develop a solution to the problem. Examples from recent Herzing students:
- Setting up a community garden to provide access to fresh vegetables
- Brain Trauma Awareness Program for local youth football league
- Educating children on healthy living
- Providing free health screenings in poor communities
In your leadership clinical, you will work alongside a manager in a healthcare facility to earn valuable real-life on-site experience as a nurse. This clinical is unique to our Orlando campus RN-BSN option and can provide temporary practice with a top-level healthcare provider.
Herzing’s goal is to help you become the best nurse you can be. Our clinical programs provide the experience you need to grow into a top-tier BSN-prepared registered nurse in Florida.
Accreditations & Disclosures
* The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at Herzing University Orlando is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).
Come visit our Orlando campus for a personalized look at our RN to BSN campus bridge program to get a feel for the school and our learning environment. We are located on the northeast side of Orlando just off Semoran Boulevard.
1865 SR 4360
Winter Park, Florida 32792
View all Orlando degree programs.