Skip to main content


What kind of ID can I use?

A valid unexpired government-issued photo identification (photo ID) can include, but is not limited to, the following:

U.S. Passport;
Driver’s license;
Non-driver’s identification card;
Other state-issued ID;
Permanent Resident Card or Resident Alien Card (I-551, can be photocopied for Title IV purposes);
Certificate of Naturalization if it contains a recognizable photo, even though it does not have an expiration date;
Inmate ID from a government facility, even if it does not have an expiration date; or
State-issued voter ID, even if it does not have an expiration date.

The following documents are not acceptable for completing verification:

A government-issued photo ID from a foreign country not previously listed;
Military IDs, because there is a general prohibition on photocopying military IDs;
Student IDs, not even those issued by state schools; or
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program IDs (SNAP IDs) with or without a picture because they should not be photocopied.

The Department of Education does not require that an ID have a date. However, if there is a date, it must not be expired. If your ID is expired, you may use a different approved ID, or you will have to get your existing ID renewed.
Request Information
Ready to get started?

Contact us to request more information

Opt-In to Receive SMS Messages

By selecting this button you agree to receive updates and alerts from Herzing University. Text HELP to 85109 for help, Text STOP to 85109 to end. Msg & Data Rates May Apply. By opting in, I authorize Herzing University to deliver SMS messages and I understand that I am not required to opt in as a condition of enrollment. By leaving this box unchecked you will not be opted in for SMS messages. Click to read Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.