Expand your business credentials with a post-graduate certificate
- Program length: 8 months when attending full-time
- 100% online classes you can take right at home
- Transfer up to 12 approved credits
- 16-credit program
- Prepare to earn the Certified Management Accountant (CMA) certification from the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA)
The graduate certificate in Accounting and Finance is for experienced professionals who hold an MBA or other business-related master’s degree. Benefits include:
- Convenient, flexible online study
- The same industry-experienced instructors who teach our MBA courses
- Course content that prepares you to earn globally recognized, industry-standard professional certification after completion
Whether you are building on an established career in the field or have just decided to specialize in accounting and finance, Herzing University's post graduate certificate program offers the knowledge you need—all in as little as one to three semesters of study.
Graduate Certificate in Accounting and Finance Curriculum
Whether you are building on an established career in the field or have just decided to become an accountant, our post graduate certificate program offers the knowledge you need—all in as little as one to three semesters of study.
The curriculum covers 16 credit hours of course content. Courses include:
- Finance and Accounting for Decision-Making or Technology and Innovation
- Accounting in the Organization
- Corporate Financial Planning
- Financial Decision Analysis and Support
- Global Business Perspectives
All courses, 16.00 semester credit hours, are required.
or BU 620 Technology and Innovation Semester Credit Hours: 3.00
Post-Masters Certificate - Accounting Degree Programs
Showing 1 programs for the Online campus
This program prepares an existing or emerging organizational or team leader with the necessary skills and academic knowledge for management positions in various business enterprises. The Post-Master's Certificate in Accounting and Finance is designed to prepare the graduate to sit for the Certified Management Accountant (CMA) exam from the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA). The CMA is the globally recognized, advanced-level credential appropriate for accountants and financial professionals in business. Achieving the CMA demonstrates your professional expertise in financial planning, analysis, control, decision support, and professional ethics.
It is important to note that this certificate program, even when combined with the Bachelor of Science in Accounting program at Herzing University, may not fulfill all of the requirements for graduates to sit for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam or apply for licensure in some states or jurisdictions. Many states require a specific number of graduate accounting classes as well as specific graduate accounting courses. Others may require several years of professional experience. This program is not designed to fulfill any of those requirements.
Ready to get started?
Contact us to request more information
Herzing University's Post-Master's Certificate programs are open candidates who have completed a Master’s degree or higher in a business related discipline from an accredited institution.