Skip to main content


How can I become a Licensed Dental Assistant (LDA)?

You will need to first earn a diploma or associate degree in dental assisting in order to eventually become a Licensed Dental Assistant in the state of Minnesota.

Our Certificate of Completion in Dental Radiology is designed to qualify you to deliver x-ray and other radiological services in a dental office, but it does not equip you with the skills and knowledge to practice as an LDA.

If you’re considering advancing your career as a dental assistant, keep in mind dental assistants earn a higher salary in Minnesota than any other state, according to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). In Minnesota, dental assistants earn an average salary of $44,710 per year ($21.50 per hour).*

Learn more about our Dental Radiology certificate program


* Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook 2022. BLS estimates do not represent entry-level wages and/or salaries. Multiple factors, including prior experience, age, geography market in which you want to work and degree field, will affect career outcomes and earnings. Herzing neither represents that its graduates will earn the average salaries calculated by BLS for a particular job nor guarantees that graduation from its program will result in a job, promotion, salary increase or other career growth.

Request Information
Ready to get started?

Contact us to request more information

Opt-In to Receive SMS Messages

By selecting this button you agree to receive updates and alerts from Herzing University. Text HELP to 85109 for help, Text STOP to 85109 to end. Msg & Data Rates May Apply. By opting in, I authorize Herzing University to deliver SMS messages and I understand that I am not required to opt in as a condition of enrollment. By leaving this box unchecked you will not be opted in for SMS messages. Click to read Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.