Course subjects and topics in our bachelor’s degree program include:
- Criminal Investigation, which provides an overview of the investigative process and current issues.
- Criminal Law, which covers key components of criminal law and its enforcement. It also includes an overview of the criminal law process, defenses, and jurisdiction of the courts.
- Ethics in Law Enforcement, which reviews public administration and ethical issues involved with public service.
- Evidence Forensics, which covers the law model and types and current rules of evidence acquisition.
- Introduction to Homeland Security, which details the creation of the Department of Homeland Security and its strategies and initiatives, as well as legal issues related to homeland security.
- Risk Assessment, which helps students learn how to assess and identify threats, analyze targets, and implement approaches to risk assessment.
* Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook 2022. BLS estimates do not represent entry-level wages and/or salaries. Multiple factors, including prior experience, age, geography market in which you want to work and degree field, will affect career outcomes and earnings. Herzing neither represents that its graduates will earn the average salaries calculated by BLS for a particular job nor guarantees that graduation from its program will result in a job, promotion, salary increase or other career growth.