Available at the Orlando campus or through Herzing University Online
- Accelerated BSN Option
- Accelerated RN to MSN
- Associate in General Studies - Pre-Nursing
- Associate in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- BSN Bridge - Cardiovascular Technicians (CVT)
- BSN Bridge - Paramedics
- BSN Bridge - Practical Nurses (LPN)
- BSN Bridge - Respiratory Therapists (RT)
- LPN to Associate in Nursing (ASN)
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Post Master's Certificates
- Practical Nursing (LPN Prep)
- RN to BSN
Become possible with Herzing University in Orlando.
Your new career path in nursing awaits. Herzing University in Orlando offers career-focused programs built to empower the better, more successful nursing professional you’ve pictured yourself to be. Choose a nursing school who will support you as a lifelong learning partner.
Address1865 SR 436
Winter Park, Florida 32792
Call us(407) 641-5227
Become a Nurse
How do I become a registered nurse (RN)?
Earning a degree in nursing is your first step to becoming a registered nurse in Florida. Requirements include passing the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) exam and meeting the Florida Board of Nursing requirements.
How long it takes
Minimum TEAS score3
How much you can make
9% projected job growth5
- Associate and bachelor’s degree programs available. Varies depending on your eligible transferrable college credit.
- Students with 18 or more transferable collegiate credits will be assessed on their collegiate cumulative GPA. Otherwise, the high school GPA will be used.
- Applicant must achieve a minimum score on the most current version of the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS); TEAS score must be from within two years of anticipated date of matriculation. Students with a 3.00 GPA or higher may not be required to take the TEAS. Please contact us for more details.
- Average / mean pay in Florida, according to 2020 data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). BLS estimates do not represent entry-level wages and/or salaries. Multiple factors, including prior experience, age, geography market in which you want to work and degree field, will affect career outcomes and earnings. Herzing neither represents that its graduates will earn the average salaries calculated by BLS for a particular job nor guarantees that graduation from its program will result in a job, promotion, salary increase or other career growth.
- Nationwide 2020 – 2030 estimate for Registered Nurses, according to the BLS.
Frequently Asked Questions
Herzing University is dedicated to YOU. Here at Herzing, we are career-focused, convenient and caring. Our specialized nursing programs were designed to help you achieve the career that you want in nursing at an affordable price.
Herzing offers diploma, undergraduate and graduate nursing degrees across seven states on 9 different campuses and our online program, so you can choose the program and location.
But don’t take our word for it! Hear from current and graduated students who agree that Herzing helped them attain their educational and career goals.
Yes! Herzing offers an accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) degree option at five of our campus locations. You could complete your degree in as few as 20 months. Upon graduation, you will be prepared for the National Council Licensure Exam for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN).
For more specifics about our unique campus programs, check out our accredited ABSN program, offered at six of our campus locations:
There are a wide variety of different career paths in nursing, and depending on what makes the most sense for you there are several different types of nursing degrees you may consider:
- Diploma in Practical Nursing. The fastest way to start your nursing career is to earn a diploma in practical nursing and become a Licensed Practical Nurse. This isn’t a “degree” but it’s an alternative starting point if you’re ready to get your feet wet in nursing.
- Associate degree in nursing. Earn an associate’s degree in nursing and you’ll be eligible to site for the NCLEX and become a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Bachelor’s in nursing. A bachelor’s degree is becoming the new educational standard for registered nurses, and it will qualify you for a master’s degree program.
- Master’s in nursing. Many roles up the ladder in nursing will require a master’s degree.
All schools have their own distinct degree programs based on their qualifications and expertise. Herzing University offers many different options to provide the shortest path to your destination no matter where you are right now, including campus bridge programs and online programs to help you reach the next level in your education. View all of our nursing programs.
None of our nursing programs may be completed entirely online.
Here’s why: real experience in the field is critical to your success as a nurse. Your clinical experience is vital to becoming qualified for the job and excel immediately in your new career.
Many classes may be completed online, such as in our online BSN program, but it is your hands-on clinicals that will provide you with the best experience to prepare you for your career in nursing. Herzing University provides you with the best of both worlds.
Contact us to determine the program or course of study that will work best for you!
According to 2020 data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), registered nurses in the state of Florida earn an average salary of $69,510 per year ($33.42 per hour). Pay can vary based on several factors, including education, experience and place of employment.
It’s a question of:
- What your goals are
- How quickly you want to reach them
If your goal is to become an RN quickly, the best choice may be an associate’s degree program since you may be able to become an RN in less than 2 years.
If your goal is to become an RN and potentially advance further by working towards a master’s degree in nursing (MSN), your best option is a bachelor’s degree in nursing program.
Read about the most basic differences between ADN vs. BSN and discover what's best for you.
General requirements for our ASN, BSN, and MSN degrees vary across degree programs.
Requirements to enroll in undergraduate degree programs (ASN/ADN, BSN) include a high school diploma or equivalent, and any of the following requirements:
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5, and meet a minimum composite score on the most current version of the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS). TEAS score must be from within three years of anticipated date of matriculation
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5, and a minimum score of 21 on the ACT
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (no entrance test!)
* Minimum TEAS score varies by campus – contact your campus for more information. Students with 12 or more transferable collegiate credits will be assessed on their collegiate cumulative GPA. Candidates with a GED or HSED will be assessed a 2.5 cumulative GPA.
Enrollment requirements for graduate degree programs (MSN) include holding a current, active and unrestricted license as a registered nurse (RN) and a BSN degree from an accredited program with at least a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
Most programs also require an interview with a Herzing admissions advisor before acceptance. Conditional admission may also be available for interested students who are waiting to take the National Council Licensing Exam (NCLEX).
For specific requirements, choose the program at the campus location that you are most interested in, or get in contact with a local admissions advisor.
Accreditation varies by nursing degree program and the Herzing campus where it is offered.*
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at Herzing University Akron, Atlanta, Brookfield, Kenosha, Madison, Minneapolis and Orlando are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).
The master’s degree program in nursing and post-graduate APRN certificate program at Herzing University Madison are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).
Herzing University is approved to offer programs in an online learning modality through association with the main campus in Madison, Wisconsin.
For more information about accreditation, please check out our nursing programs to discover the program that interests you!
Herzing University is dedicated to providing you with affordable, quality education to help you complete your degree in nursing.
The cost of our nursing programs varies by degree, location and program. More information and an estimate for the cost of your education can be found on our Herzing Tuition Wizard.
Students attending Herzing may be eligible for a combination of grants, scholarships, and student employment to make tuition as affordable as possible. You might also be eligible to qualify for federal financial aid or military benefits and services. Contact us directly for more information.
Accreditation & Disclosures
The Associate of Science in Nursing program, Associate of Science in Nursing-Bridge to ASN program , Bachelor of Science in Nursing program, and Bachelor of Science in Nursing-Bridge to BSN program at the Orlando campus has an accredited status with the Florida Board of Nursing (4042 Bald Cypress Way, Tallahassee, Florida, 32399-3252, 850-245-4125, www.floridasnursing.gov). Consequently, graduates are eligible to sit for the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCLEX-RN) licensing exam upon successful completion of the program. Passing this exam allows graduates to apply to the State Board of Nursing for licensure as a registered nurse.
The Associate of Science in Nursing program at Herzing University located in Orlando, Florida is accredited by the: Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), 3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400 Atlanta, GA 30326, (404) 975-5000. The most recent accreditation decision made by the ACEN Board of Commissioners for the Associate of Science in Nursing program is Continuing Accreditation. View the public information disclosed by the ACEN regarding this program at http://www.acenursing.com/accreditedprograms/programsearch.htm.
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at Herzing University Orlando is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).
The master’s degree program in nursing and post-graduate APRN certificate program at Herzing University Madison are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org). Herzing University is approved to offer programs in an online learning modality through association with the main campus in Madison, Wisconsin.