Launch your career to the next level with Herzing
- Earn your MBA online or at select campus locations - full time or part-time
- Program length: 20 months when attending full-time
- No GMAT/GRE required for admissions!
- 33 and 36 credit options; transfer up to 9-12 approved semester credit hours
- Upon graduation, you will be prepared to sit for the Project Management Professional (PMP) and Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA) certification exams with appropriate work experience
Earn an MBA in Project Management and become possible
Build upon your undergraduate education and set yourself apart in a competitive job market with a Master of Business Administration (MBA) in project management.
In today’s competitive business environment, organizations rely on project managers to support the success of cross-functional projects and to deliver real business results. With a Herzing MBA degree in Project Management, you will build a solid foundation of leadership skills and learn the processes and strategies for successful project management.
Our program helps you to walk a unique career path and position yourself best for success:
- Learn online in Herzing's Everywhere Classroom: at your pace, on your schedule
- Solutions-based curriculum with real-world scenarios to help you make strategic decisions
- Learn from certified Project Management graduate faculty in a student-centered learning environment that supports success
- Pathways to continue your education in a post-master's certificate program with several options for specialization
Herzing University exists to help you work towards the career you’ve always wanted. Reaching the top of your field IS possible. As your lifelong learning partner, we’re here to help you every step of the way.
Classes Start July 12th
Learn More Today
Project Management MBA program classes & curriculum details
Through Herzing’s MBA in Project Management degree program you’ll gain the necessary skills and academic knowledge for planning and management positions in various business enterprises, with a concentration of courses in project management. Upon completion of the program, you should be able to develop detailed project management plans and lead projects to successful completion.
Earn your MBA online, with at least partial class availability offered at our Atlanta campus.
|Master of Business Administration in Project Management||20||33-36|
Program availability varies by location
Required Foundation Course(s) 3-6 Semester Credit Hours
* Only required for students who do not have an undergraduate degree in Business, a closely related discipline or its international equivalent.
Required Core MBA Courses - 21 Semester Credit Hours
Additional Required Project Management Concentration Courses
A minimum of 9.00 semester credit hours is required.
Course prerequisites may be waived if the student has prior equivalent coursework or the approval of the Dean of Graduate Programs.
Dual Concentration Option
To help you build a solid foundation of leadership, problem-solving and project management skills, Herzing’s MBA program allows you to tailor your degree to match your career goals. Choose to exclusively earn your MBA in Project Management or pair this concentration with another concentration area to further distinguish yourself. The dual concentration option requires 42-45 credits for graduation.
Project Management MBA program enrollment requirements
Enrollment prerequisites to enroll in Herzing’s MBA program include:
- Completed bachelor’s or graduate degree from a college or university accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or have completed a three or four year bachelor’s degree at a foreign college or university recognized as equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree by an approved foreign credential evaluator.
- Meet and interview with a Herzing admissions advisor
- Complete an application form
No minimum GMAT/GRE score is required for admission!
What can I do with an MBA in Project Management?
Going back to school and earning an MBA in project management can qualify you for mid- to upper-level roles in a variety of industries, including:
- Manufacturing, construction and engineering
- Information Technology
- Utilities, oil and gas
- Financial services and insurance
- Information services and publishing
- Management and professional services
Specific job titles might include construction project manager, IT project manager, and several others. Learn more about what kind of jobs you can get with a project management degree.
The Project Management Institute (PMI) estimates continued growth of job opportunities in project management.
Their 2017 Project Management Job Growth and Talent Gap report found that demand for project-related workers could grow by as much as 33% globally from 2017-2027. Much of that growth is expected to take place in developing economies like China and India, but growth in the U.S. is also projected to be strong.
Now is a good time to earn the education you need to enter a growing career field.
How can I advance my career? You may continue your education after an MBA by pursing a business-focused post-master’s certificate. Herzing offers concentrations in accounting and finance, healthcare management, human resources (HR) and technology management (IT).
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely. Herzing University makes it possible to pursue your MBA online at your own pace, so you can keep up with your classes when it works for you. You may choose full-time or part-time enrollment.
In addition to convenience, earning your MBA while you work lets you put skills you learn during class into practice at the office. This means you can gain insight into how theory applies in the real world right from the very first day of classes.
We’ve put together a quick quiz to help you find the right MBA for you.
Remember, earning your MBA with Herzing means you can choose two concentrations as part of your program, so you can add expertise in an industry like IT or healthcare to your project management MBA.
The Project Management Institute has education and experience eligibility requirements for PMP certification candidates. Our project management MBA will help you meet the education and project management-specific training requirements.
The experience requirement for people who hold at least a bachelor’s degree is three years of project leadership. Once you achieve that milestone, you may qualify to take the exam.
The Project Management Institute also offers the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®. This certification does not have an experience eligibility requirement, and you will be prepared to apply for the exam after completing two project management courses in your project management MBA program.
Learn more about PMP certification requirements from PMI.
Mid- to upper-level project management jobs had strong earning potential in several industries as of May 2020.
Some examples of 2020 median annual salaries from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics include*:
- Construction project managers: $97,180
- Computer and information systems managers (including IT project managers): $151,150
- Medical and health services managers (including healthcare project managers): $104,280
These project management-related salaries are calculated at the national level, so local/state job markets may vary.
When doing your research for a project management degree, you’ll notice that there are MBA programs with project management specializations, and master’s degrees in project management alone. There are differences between MBA degrees vs. master's degrees, and they mainly come down to versatility.
A Master of Business Administration (MBA) offers a wider range of executive-level leadership skills compared to a master’s degree in project management. With an MBA, you’ll be equipped not just for advanced project management roles, but for leading project management teams at a high level. This can prepare you to compete for a broader range of jobs once you start your search.
Additionally, Herzing offers a dual concentration option for MBA students, so you can combine a concentration in project management with one in healthcare management, technology management, or data analytics—just to name a few. This offers added expertise for project management leadership roles in a specific industry that interests you.
So many businesses and organizations need people who have an advanced understanding of today’s business world and people who have advanced skills in getting things done. A project management MBA offers you the opportunity to gain both sets of knowledge and skills.
With Herzing’s MBA in Project Management program, you can earn an IACBE®-accredited degree* that also prepares you for PMP® certification in as few as 20 months.
We’re here to help you take the first step.
Job requirements will vary by employer. You don’t need a master’s degree for entry-level project management roles. However, if you want to stand out in the job market for middle- or upper-level project management roles, earning an MBA in Project Management can help.
A master’s or MBA in project management is especially helpful if you earn a degree that includes preparation for the Project Management Professional® certification exam (PMP) from the Project Management Institute®.
Managing large projects among several individuals or teams and coordinating their association is its own science. Earning an MBA in project management helps you build a strong ability to smoothly manage enterprise-level projects.
MBA - Project Management Degree Programs
Showing 1 programs for the Online campus
This program prepares an existing or emerging organizational or team leader with the necessary skills and academic knowledge for management positions in various business enterprises. These career opportunities may be in areas such as accounting, finance, business administration, sales, marketing, human resources, information systems, project management, production and operations. Application of theory to practice is emphasized through a problem-based/solutions-based curriculum, grounded in a framework of ethical leadership and global competition.
Ready to get started?
Contact us to request more information
Accreditation & Disclosures
1. The Business Division at Herzing University has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA. For a list of accredited programs please refer to our IACBE member status page.
- Download the IACBE Public Disclosure of Student Achievement
- View Herzing University Accreditation and Approvals
Not all programs approved in all states.
* Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook 2020. BLS estimates do not represent entry-level wages and/or salaries. Multiple factors, including prior experience, age, geography market in which you want to work and degree field, will affect career outcomes and earnings. Herzing neither represents that its graduates will earn the average salaries calculated by BLS for a particular job nor guarantees that graduation from its program will result in a job, promotion, salary increase or other career growth.