The benefits of working in health administration include:
- You can work in many different settings, including hospitals, healthcare clinic, long-term care facility, doctor’s offices, insurance companies and government agencies.
- Career mobility is high, as your versatile skillset is applicable in many different environments and gives you more choice in pursuing your career path.
- The field is growing, with the Bureau of Labor Statistics estimating a 28% increase in employment for medical and health services managers from 2022-2032.*
- You can help people get better, but you don’t necessarily need to be directly involved in patient care and treatment.
* Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook 2022. BLS estimates do not represent entry-level wages and/or salaries. Multiple factors, including prior experience, age, geography market in which you want to work and degree field, will affect career outcomes and earnings. Herzing neither represents that its graduates will earn the average salaries calculated by BLS for a particular job nor guarantees that graduation from its program will result in a job, promotion, salary increase or other career growth.