There are many different types of jobs you can get in information technology. The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) features the following occupations in computer and information technology:
- Computer and Information Research Scientists
- Computer Network Architects
- Computer Programmers
- Computer Support Specialists or IT Support Specialists
- Computer Systems Analysts
- Database Administrators
- Information Security Analysts
- Network and Computer Systems Administrators
- Software Developers
- Web Developers
The BLS reports employment of all computer and information technology occupations is expected to increase 11% from 2019-2029. Now is a good time to get your foot in the door and begin working towards a career in a growing field.*
Herzing University provides many educational options to pursue the IT career path of your choosing.
* Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook 2021. BLS estimates do not represent entry-level wages and/or salaries. Multiple factors, including prior experience, age, geography market in which you want to work and degree field, will affect career outcomes and earnings. Herzing neither represents that its graduates will earn the average salaries calculated by BLS for a particular job nor guarantees that graduation from its program will result in a job, promotion, salary increase or other career growth.