Tech-savvy business professionals can find real success in a technology management role.
Skills of an excellent IT manager include:
- Are logical – like to solve problems in math or science
- Are comfortable working with your hands as well as your mind
- Have an aptitude for working with the latest technology
- Can communicate and explain technology to non-tech professionals
- Enjoy directing projects and motivating people
- Think strategically, analyzing business goals and providing IT solutions
- Are a leader, able to get the most out of your teams
No matter your preference, Herzing University offers a technology management bachelor's degree program to help you fully prepare for the many job responsibilities of IT managers.
* Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook 2022. BLS estimates do not represent entry-level wages and/or salaries. Multiple factors, including prior experience, age, geography market in which you want to work and degree field, will affect career outcomes and earnings. Herzing neither represents that its graduates will earn the average salaries calculated by BLS for a particular job nor guarantees that graduation from its program will result in a job, promotion, salary increase or other career growth.