Information Technology (IT) is a broad and evolving career field encompassing a wide variety of tasks and core competencies. Because of this there are many types of IT degrees to choose from in addition to IT management, including:
- Information Technology (IT) – Diploma, Bachelor/Associate of Science
- Cybersecurity – Bachelor of Science
- Data Analytics – Bachelor of Science
- Computer Networking – Bachelor of Science
- Computer Programming – Bachelor of Science
- Software Development – Bachelor/Associate of Science
Bachelor’s degree holders may consider additional graduate and post-graduate education in IT, including master’s degrees or post-master’s certificates.
Herzing University’s post-baccalaureate programs emphasize the business side of technology, including MBA options in data analytics and technology management, and a post-master’s certificate in IT management.
* Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook 2022. BLS estimates do not represent entry-level wages and/or salaries. Multiple factors, including prior experience, age, geography market in which you want to work and degree field, will affect career outcomes and earnings. Herzing neither represents that its graduates will earn the average salaries calculated by BLS for a particular job nor guarantees that graduation from its program will result in a job, promotion, salary increase or other career growth.