Become possible with Herzing University in Atlanta, GA.
Choosing a nursing school in Georgia is a big decision—partner with one who will support you in lifelong learning. Herzing University in Atlanta empowers you to grow into the career-focused nursing professional you’ve pictured yourself to become.
Address50 Hurt Plaza SE Suite 400
Atlanta, GA 30303
Call us(404) 586-4265
Become a Nurse
How do I become a registered nurse?
In order to become an RN in the state of Georgia you first will need to earn a nursing degree. After earning your degree there are a few more steps needed to become a registered nurse. Requirements include passing the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) exam and meeting the Georgia Board of Nursing requirements.
How long it takes
Minimum TEAS score4
How much you can make
9% projected job growth6
- Bachelor’s degree program. Varies depending on your eligible transferrable college credit.
- To view a full list of enrollment requirements for the Atlanta BSN program, click here.
- Students with 18 or more transferable collegiate credits will be assessed on their collegiate cumulative GPA. Otherwise, the high school GPA will be used.
- Applicant must achieve a minimum score on the most current version of the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS); TEAS score must be from within two years of anticipated date of matriculation. Students with a 3.00 GPA or higher may not be required to take the TEAS. Please contact us for more details. Please contact us for more details.
- Average / mean pay in Georgia, according to 2020 data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). BLS estimates do not represent entry-level wages and/or salaries. Multiple factors, including prior experience, age, geography market in which you want to work and degree field, will affect career outcomes and earnings. Herzing neither represents that its graduates will earn the average salaries calculated by BLS for a particular job nor guarantees that graduation from its program will result in a job, promotion, salary increase or other career growth.
- Nationwide 2020 – 2030 estimate for Registered Nurses, according to the BLS.
Frequently Asked Questions
General requirements for our ASN, BSN, and MSN degrees vary across degree programs.
Requirements to enroll in undergraduate degree programs (ASN/ADN, BSN) include a high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum GPA requirement.
Most programs also require an interview with a Herzing admissions advisor before acceptance. Conditional admission may also be available for interested students who are waiting to take the National Council Licensing Exam (NCLEX).
For specific requirements, choose the program at the campus location that you are most interested in, or get in contact with a local admissions advisor.
Herzing University is dedicated to providing you with affordable, quality education to help you complete your degree in nursing.
The cost of our nursing programs varies by degree, location and program. More information and an estimate for the cost of your education can be found on our Herzing Tuition Wizard.
Students attending Herzing may be eligible for a combination of grants, scholarships, and student employment to make tuition as affordable as possible. You might also be eligible to qualify for federal financial aid or military benefits and services. Contact us directly for more information.
According to 2020 data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), registered nurses in the state of Georgia earn an average salary of $71,510 per year ($34.38 per hour). Pay can vary based on several factors, including education, experience and place of employment.
Accreditation varies by nursing degree program and the Herzing campus where it is offered.*
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at Herzing University Akron, Atlanta, Brookfield, Kenosha, Madison, Minneapolis and Orlando are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org). This accreditation includes the baccalaureate degree program offered at the satellite Herzing University Tampa location.
The master’s degree program in nursing and post-graduate APRN certificate program at Herzing University Madison are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).
Herzing University is approved to offer programs in an online learning modality through association with the main campus in Madison, Wisconsin.
For more information about accreditation, please check out our nursing programs to discover the program that interests you!
None of our nursing programs may be completed entirely online.
Here’s why: real experience in the field is critical to your success as a nurse. Your clinical experience is vital to becoming qualified for the job and excel immediately in your new career.
Many classes may be completed online, such as in our online BSN program, but it is your hands-on clinicals that will provide you with the best experience to prepare you for your career in nursing. Herzing University provides you with the best of both worlds.
Contact us to determine the program or course of study that will work best for you!
Herzing University is dedicated to YOU. Here at Herzing, we are career-focused, convenient and caring. Our specialized nursing programs were designed to help you achieve the career that you want in nursing at an affordable price.
Herzing offers diploma, undergraduate and graduate nursing degrees across seven states at 10 different campuses and our online program, so you can choose the program and location.
But don’t take our word for it! Hear from current and graduated students who agree that Herzing helped them attain their educational and career goals.
There are a wide variety of different career paths in nursing, and depending on what makes the most sense for you there are several different types of nursing degrees you may consider:
- Diploma in Practical Nursing. The fastest way to start your nursing career is to earn a diploma in practical nursing and become a Licensed Practical Nurse. This isn’t a “degree” but it’s an alternative starting point if you’re ready to get your feet wet in nursing.
- Associate degree in nursing. Earn an associate’s degree in nursing and you’ll be eligible to site for the NCLEX and become a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Bachelor’s in nursing. A bachelor’s degree is becoming the new educational standard for registered nurses, and it will qualify you for a master’s degree program.
- Master’s in nursing. Many roles up the ladder in nursing will require a master’s degree.
- Doctorate in nursing. Earn the terminal degree in nursing and reach the top of the field.
All schools have their own distinct degree programs based on their qualifications and expertise. Herzing University offers many different options to provide the shortest path to your destination no matter where you are right now, including campus bridge programs and online programs to help you reach the next level in your education. View all of our nursing programs.
Accreditation & Disclosures
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing program at the Atlanta campus has approval by the Georgia State Board of Nursing (237 Coliseum Drive, Macon, Georgia, 31217-3858, 478-207-2440, www.sos.georgia.gov/plb/rn/). Consequently, graduates are eligible to sit for the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCLEX-RN) licensing exam upon successful completion of the program. Passing this exam allows graduates to apply to the State Board of Nursing for licensure as a registered nurse.
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at Herzing University Atlanta is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).
The master’s degree program in nursing and post-graduate APRN certificate program at Herzing University Madison are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org). Herzing University is approved to offer programs in an online learning modality through association with the main campus in Madison, Wisconsin.