Do you love technology? Is Java more than a cup of coffee to you? Is Python not just a snake? If you are passionate about technology, there’s a variety of career paths just perfect for your particular set of skills. If you are constantly learning and love to adapt to new trends, your versatility is in demand by some of the world’s top technology firms.
Organized, analytical and patient problem solvers can apply their knowledge and help the fast-paced world of technology advance even further into the next decade.
So, which job is right for you?
Technology Jobs for Every Set of Skills
Even if you know you want to get into the tech industry, it can be intimidating to start. You have to navigate technology’s whole spider web of options and pathways. Luckily, Herzing University’s wide scope of options makes it easy to start, easy to navigate and far simpler to complete your journey with the skills, the degree, and the job opportunities to choose from.
Start your path today and you could work in a dozen different fields, including:
- Cybersecurity: Those working in cybersecurity are the protectors of the tech world. They ensure an organization’s systems, networks and information are secure from potential cyber threats. They also help facilitate safe and secure online practices.
- Data Analytics: Data analysts are responsible for interpreting technical information and effectively communicating it to organizations or individuals — helping them to make the most informed decisions possible. They apply their knowledge of technology by identifying and analyzing trends to develop practical solutions.
- Software Development: Software developers are professional problem solvers. They write code to develop computer and mobile applications while locating issues within programs to proactively solve problems before they become problems.
- IT Technology: IT technicians serve as doctors for computers, assessing any malfunctions within programs to increase efficiency among systems. They are well versed in different computer applications and use their knowledge to create best practices to solve a variety of computer issues.
Once you find the career path you are passionate about, it’s time to create a game plan to achieve your goal and start your career. While earning a bachelor’s degree is an effective way to enter several tech careers, it is not the only way for someone interested in technology to get started.
Because the world of technology is constantly evolving, you have to be well versed in a wide range of applications and programs. Earning an IT certificate is a great way to keep your skills sharp and up to date. It can also put you in a position for greater job opportunities and higher wages.
Set yourself up for success by becoming well versed in the applications that almost all technology professionals use daily. Coding is a key component of all technology-based jobs. Luckily, there is no shortage of information available online for beginning coders.
Start Walking the Path to an IT Career
The world of technology continues to expand and advance. Herzing University can be the catalyst for ambitious tech-minded students looking to make their mark in the industry.
* Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook 2021. BLS estimates do not represent entry-level wages and/or salaries. Multiple factors, including prior experience, age, geography market in which you want to work and degree field, will affect career outcomes and earnings. Herzing neither represents that its graduates will earn the average salaries calculated by BLS for a particular job nor guarantees that graduation from its program will result in a job, promotion, salary increase or other career growth.