Nurse educators generally practice in one or both of:
- Academic setting. Universities, colleges, trade schools, etc.
- Clinical setting. Hospitals, clinics, other healthcare organizations, etc.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports these 5 industries provide the highest level of employment for nurse educators in 2018:
- Colleges, Universities, and Professional Schools
- Junior Colleges
- General Medical and Surgical Hospitals
- Technical and Trade Schools
- Business Schools and Computer and Management Training
* Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook 2022. BLS estimates do not represent entry-level wages and/or salaries. Multiple factors, including prior experience, age, geography market in which you want to work and degree field, will affect career outcomes and earnings. Herzing neither represents that its graduates will earn the average salaries calculated by BLS for a particular job nor guarantees that graduation from its program will result in a job, promotion, salary increase or other career growth.