On behalf of the Herzing University faculty, staff, students and alumni, congratulations to the Graduating Classes of 2020 and 2021! We are proud of our graduating students and all that you have accomplished to arrive at this moment.
We are happy to announce that our campuses will be hosting both virtual and in-person ceremonies for 2020 and 2021 graduates! We are looking forward to sharing your special day with you. More information can be found below.
Commencement and Pinning
Atlanta Campus: at the Georgia World Congress Center
- Commencement: 12:00 PM ET Friday, September 10
Birmingham Campus: at the Pelham Civic Complex
- August 2021 Pinning: 11:00 AM CT Friday, September 17
- DPN and ASN Commencement: 1:30 PM CT Friday, September 17
- All Other Programs Commencement: 4:00 PM CT Friday, September 17
Minneapolis Campus: at the Minneapolis State Theatre
- 2020 and 2021 Pinning: 5:30 PM CT Tuesday, September 21
- 2020 and 2021 Nursing Commencement: 7:30 PM CT Tuesday, September 21
- All Non-Nursing Programs Commencement: 6:00 PM CT Thursday, September 23
Wisconsin Campuses and Online Division In-Person: at the Panther Arena
- Pinning: 11:00 AM CT Saturday, September 25
- Commencement: 2:00 PM CT Saturday, September 25
Online Division: Facebook Live Stream
- Commencement: 5:00 PM CT Thursday, September 30
Orlando Campus: at Aloma Church
- Pinning: 9:00 AM ET Friday, October 1
- Nursing Pre-licensure Commencement: 12:00 PM ET Friday, October 1
- All Other Programs and Online BSN Commencement 3:30 PM ET Friday, October 1
New Orleans Campus: at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center
- Commencement: 7:00 PM CT Thursday, November 4
Can’t make it in person? All ceremonies will also be streamed through Facebook Live on the campus' Facebook page the day of the event. Don’t forget that you don’t need a Facebook account to watch the ceremonies with friends and family.
While we are looking forward to celebrating your accomplishments in person, your safety is our priority. Specific communication about your unique commencement ceremony will be sent to you before the event, but general safety precautions will include:
- Health assessment completed by individuals before the event
- Following state and federal guidelines for social distancing and seating throughout the venue
- Temperature screening at the venue before entry
- Facemasks required throughout the event
- Hand sanitizer and other sanitation tools are available
- Limited attendance at all locations
Precautions will vary from location to location. Please reach out to your campus’ career development coach if you have any questions.
*Be sure to regularly check your email for the latest commencement and pinning ceremony news and updates!*
Attendance for in-person ceremonies is voluntary. Graduates and guests who do not feel comfortable attending an in-person ceremony or are not able to attend due to restrictions on the number of guests can still participate virtually. We want to make sure that you can celebrate your accomplishments safely and comfortably.
Here are some fun ways for you to participate and celebrate your virtual graduation at home:
Watch on Facebook with Family and Friends:
Your graduation ceremony will be shared on Facebook Live so you can invite all your family and friends, including those who can’t attend in person! Before the ceremony, make sure you:
- Share the link to your campus Facebook page with your friends and family so that they can watch the ceremony from their homes. You can also share the Facebook Live ceremony link with your friends and family, which will open the ceremony directly.
- Start a personalized Facebook watch party! When you start a watch party, you can view any public video on Facebook in real-time with a group of your friends. Check out this link for more information about setting up a Facebook watch party.
- Have your family and friends give you a shout-out in the comments during the ceremony!
*You do not need a Facebook account to watch the ceremony. The ceremony is accessible to the public.*
Don’t be shy — we want to hear from you!
Besides attending your ceremony, you can do a lot more to celebrate, and we want to see what creative ideas you come up with! You can share your unique experiences with the Herzing community in a variety of different ways:
- Share your Herzing moments on social media. If you have an image or a story that you want to share about your Herzing experience, DM us on Facebook. In your message, include your name, the degree you earned, and whatever image, memory, or caption you want to use. We may share your images on our social media accounts.
- Show us how you are celebrating! Whether you are in person at graduation or celebrating at home, we want to see your pictures from your special day!
- You can also tag us in your posts or use our hashtag #HUPossible or #HerzingGrad on your social media accounts.
- Snap, save and share your pictures during the ceremony and post to our celebratory grad post that will be shared right before graduation kicks off (check out our page before graduation begins; you'll see what we're talking about!)
Do you have some fun ways you’re going to celebrate? Share your tips and plans with us on social media or DM us on Facebook!
- Photo Frames for Students: We’ve created some special digital frames for graduation. Update your profile picture using the Herzing graduation frames on Facebook. Check out our Herzing Facebook frames here!
- Photo Frames for Family and Friends: Of course, you will want to share your excitement with your family and friends! They can show their pride and support for you by updating their profile picture with a Herzing grad frame. Check out these Herzing family Facebook frames here.
Graduation and Pinning Programs:
Take a moment to click and view the program for your virtual graduation:
- Minneapolis Campus Nursing Commencement
- Minneapolis Campus General Commencement
- Minneapolis Campus Pinning
New Orleans Campus
Tips and Tools for Celebrating at Home:
Just because you can’t have a big celebration doesn’t mean that the party stops!
A graduation program will be shared with you closer to the ceremony day. Printed programs along with diploma covers will also be available for students who would like one. Students are encouraged to print and share their programs with family and friends.
Here are some other tips and tools to help you make your graduation at home a personalized and fun experience!
- Here are a variety of tips on how to celebrate college graduation during the coronavirus.
- Are you watching from home? Don’t worry, here are 6 ways you can still celebrate while at home.
- Here are some graduation planning ideas to outshine the pandemic!
- Trying to find the perfect graduation gift? Here are some neat graduation gifts!
- Here are some ideas to help celebrate graduation safely and virtually!
It has been our greatest pleasure to serve our students who make an incredible impact in our communities! On behalf of everyone at Herzing, congratulations class of 2020 and 2021! You are possible!