Direct Entry MSN program classes & curriculum details
|Master of Science in Nursing - Direct Entry
Colorado students who meet the undergraduate general education requirements can complete the program in as little as 20 months (60 credits). For those who do not have the required undergraduate general education credits, this program is a minimum of 77 credits and can be completed in 24 months.
Required Undergraduate Pre-Requisite Core Courses
17.00 semester credit hours are required. The following courses, or the equivalent, must be successfully completed prior to entry in the core nursing courses:
Note: Students must earn a "B" or better in both the SC 154 Anatomy and Physiology I for Nurses and SC 254 Anatomy and Physiology II for Nurses courses.
Required Courses in Nursing
60.00 semester credit hours are required.
MSN Direct Entry enrollment requirements
Prerequisites to enroll in the Herzing Direct Entry MSN program include:
|Evidence of graduation from a non-nursing bachelor’s degree program awarded by an accredited institution of higher education
|Aggregate score of 66 on the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS). No GRE required.
|i. Students will be assessed on their collegiate cumulative GPA from either a non-nursing bachelor’s degree or master’s degree program.
The following courses, or the equivalent, must be successfully completed prior to entry in the Master of Science in Nursing - Direct Entry core nursing courses:
|Anatomy & Physiology I
|4 credits; must earn “B” or better
|Anatomy & Physiology II
|4 credits; must earn “B” or better
Hands-on learning: clinicals and intensives
Didactic, lecture-style coursework is completed 100% online in our MSN Direct Entry program— though the hands-on component via clinicals and intensives remain a crucial part of your nursing education.
We use a precepted model for clinical experience in our MSN Direct Entry program, and we have a dedicated team to help you find clinical placement as near to you as possible. You are never alone!
- Clinicals. Herzing University partners with several institutions in Colorado as available sites for clinicals. Clinical site availability is subject to change, and we cannot guarantee your placement at any given institution prior to enrollment.
- Intensives. You will attend three 2-4 day intensives at our Nashville campus. In-person skills introduction, skills checks, testing, and faculty advisement ensure you’re on track to succeed right from the start as an RN.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, RNs in the state of Colorado earn an average annual salary of $86,590 per year ($41.63 per hour).*
Projections Central projects employment of RNs in the state of Colorado to increase 28.6% from 2020-2030, translating to an additional 15,170 jobs.**
Job outlook for RNs in Colorado
Graduate from the online MSN Direct Entry program and you’ll be prepared to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN).
Pass the exam, meet the board of nursing requirements in Colorado, and you’ll be ready to find your first job as an MSN-prepared registered nurse.
Complete a master’s degree education in nursing and you’ll be off to a great start in your nursing career, ready to succeed in your first job and climb the ladder in the future.
- Completion time based on transfer credit for undergraduate general education courses.
- The master's degree program in nursing at Herzing University-Madison is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org). Herzing University is approved to offer programs in an online learning modality through association with the main campus in Madison, Wisconsin.
Herzing University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
View all Herzing University Accreditation and Approvals
* Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook 2022. BLS estimates do not represent entry-level wages and/or salaries. Multiple factors, including prior experience, age, geography market in which you want to work and degree field, will affect career outcomes and earnings. Herzing neither represents that its graduates will earn the average salaries calculated by BLS for a particular job nor guarantees that graduation from its program will result in a job, promotion, salary increase or other career growth.
** Projections Central, Long-Term Projections (2020-2030). Multiple factors, including prior experience, age, geography market in which you want to work, and degree field will affect career outcomes. Herzing does not guarantee that graduation from its program will result in a job, promotion, or other career growth.