If you’re considering a second career and want to go from non-nurse to nurse practitioner, degree pathways with Herzing University include:
- Earn your BSN in an accelerated BSN nursing program in as few as 20 months (24 months for most students).
- Earn your master's degree through our online MSN FNP program in 20 months.
Our accelerated BSN program is available in Minneapolis, MN, Nashville, TN, Orlando, FL, Tampa, FL and 3 locations in Wisconsin (Kenosha, Brookfield and Madison).
- Earn a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) in 20 months by enrolling in our online MSN Direct Entry program
- Earn a post master’s FNP certificate in 16-20 months
Our ASN program is available in Akron, OH, Birmingham, AL, Nashville, TN, Orlando, FL, and Tampa, FL. You may also elect to earn your BSN on the way by enrolling in our online RN to BSN program. Non-nurses who want to become an NP must first earn an undergraduate nursing degree before applying for an MSN program.
These are average estimates for full-time enrollment and can vary for each student. Fully commit to starting your second career and Herzing University can help you become eligible to sit for the FNP certification exam in 3-4 years to become a certified family nurse practitioner in your state.
* Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook 2022. BLS estimates do not represent entry-level wages and/or salaries. Multiple factors, including prior experience, age, geography market in which you want to work and degree field, will affect career outcomes and earnings. Herzing neither represents that its graduates will earn the average salaries calculated by BLS for a particular job nor guarantees that graduation from its program will result in a job, promotion, salary increase or other career growth.